|Mind the type-o in, "Where do you get *protein from?" >_<|
1. "Oh you're vegetarian? So you eat chicken and fish, right?"
2. "But you're so skinny already! Why would you want to lose more weight?"
3. "Where do you get your protein from?"
4. "Did you know that meat has the most protein?"
5. "Are you in PETA?"
6. "Do you wear real fur or leather?"
7. "What do you eat? Do you just eat salads?"
8. "Do you ever miss eating meat?"
9. "Isn't that too extreme?"
10. "If you ate meat by accident would you stop being vegetarian?"
So, those are the questions I could remember at the moment. Now, here come the insults, opinions, and really stupid unethical statements. I'm sure that many of you have heard these as well. Oh boy, here we go.
1. "Ugh, I could never be vegetarian."
2. "I love animals, but I love eating meat a lot!"
3. "Plants can feel too! So you're still killing the environment."
4. "Vegetarians are lame."
5. "I went vegetarian once but it was really hard."
6. "Vegetarians are so annoying! They think they know everything."
7. "Vegetarians/ Vegans are hypocrites."
8. "Vegetarians are always judging others and trying to force people to be like them."
9. "I hate when vegans act like they don't miss meat. You're not better than everyone."
And last, but certainly not the least, the grandaddy of stupid and unethical insults that ticks me off to the core of my heart. However, I always correct them with a wonderful quote from Frances Moore Lappe's book: Diet for a Small Planet. Thank you Frances. :) Get ready everyone, here comes the statement:
10. "Hey vegetarians, if you're trying to save animals so bad then why are you eating all of their food? Stop being stupid so that they can have some!"
My response: "We feed about 90 percent of our corn, oats, barley, and sorghum and over 90 percent of our unexported soybean crop to animals." - Frances Moore Lappe
Now the question I ask you all is: What questions have people asked you? Also, what insults have you heard or have been told to you because of your choices? Feel free to leave any comments, stories, or responses below!