27 February, 2013

Manners: A Hard Lesson For Hard-Headed Vegetarians.

Being rudely approached by a meat loving vegetarian hater is always a drag, but giving them attention will just make the situation worse. However, meat lovers are not always the ones who start the arguing; I'm talking about vegetarians looking for a fight.

There are vegetarians who just don't know how to let things go. They'll either insult someone for eating meat and give them a long lecture on how meat is bad, or give pointless arguments about vegetarianism/ veganism that the other person couldn't care less about. So if you're one of these vegetarians, may I suggest the following:

1. Think everything through. If someone insults you for your lifestyle, insulting theirs only brings you down to their level. So just ignore them and walk away!

2. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all! There's nothing more annoying than someone trying to ruin your meal. Comments like, "Eww, you actually like steak?!," or, "I don't know how you can feel good about yourself while eating that burger," are all unnecessary. Plus, you look like a stuck-up know it all who (in reality) doesn't know any better.

3. Try to be understanding. So trying to be understanding of people loving meat may be hard for some vegetarians, but always remember that many of us ate meat in our past. Accept that not everyone thinks like you, and if they ever choose to be vegetarian, you can be there to help them out.

Does anyone have friends that act this way? Feel free to leave comments.

2 comments:

  1. I wish I had some vegetarian friends, even if they were rude. ;) My husband and kids and I are vegetarian, but I hardly know anybody else who is. That being said, I never criticize anyone's food. I grew up as a meat eater and I really don't expect we can change everybody!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post! Most of my friends are veg, but my partner and a few other friends are still eating meat. But I respect them and their right to do so. Pushing them will only make them not ever want to go veg.

    On products to review: You know, I really wish I had a better answer because I don't really know how it happened. But one day, a few years back, I added my email address to my Blogger profile. And then a few months later, I started getting emails from companies asking me to review products. It was only a few items every few months at first, but I'm guessing the email gets shared and I must have made it onto some list because the emails for cookbook and product reviews are very frequent now. I know there are a handful of PR companies that do PR for multiple products, so I'm thinking that once those few got my email address, they just kept emailing me. But I love it! I'm always down for free stuff. :-)

    ReplyDelete