24 April, 2013

Wish List Wednesday! (4)

For today's "Wish List Wednesday," my wish is to befriend Steven Patrick Morrissey, otherwise known as just "Morrissey."

Who is Morrissey? He's the former lead singer of The Smiths, a favorite childhood band of mine that is sadly no longer together anymore. He has also been a vegetarian for most of his life.

Why do I want to be friends with him? Well, because we'd have a perfect friendship! We'd be great enemies and great pals. There are so many things that I already know we would argue about, yet just enough good things that we'd have in common to keep a perfect friendship balance.

You see, he supports PETA, and I don't like PETA. He believes that anyone who eats meat or wears fur is (in lack of a better term) a scum. I believe that everyone is entitled to make their own choices, even if their choices are not the best. I'm telling you, we'd have some pretty great arguments.

However, I feel that the fact that I'm a vegetarian and very open minded will even out the friendship perfectly. Yes, that sounds impossible, but I just know that's all I need. Honestly, I don't know why I want to be his friend so badly. Maybe because I grew up listening to The Smiths, or maybe because he's vegetarian. Seriously, who knows! I just want to be his good friend.

Here's a picture of Morrissey when he was younger.

Want to participate in Wish List Wednesday?
Visit Dana and her blog on the link below, and let her know that Adi from Vegetarian Courtesy sent you.
Happy blogging!
Dana's Blog: Live Green Beauty

I leave you all now with this very lovely video. I watch this, and my inner child takes over!

7 comments:

  1. What's your favorite song from him? Mine is "Everyday is Like Sunday." (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a tough one! I have at least 13 favorites so it would be really hard to say, no joke! I'm sure you understand how great many of The Smiths songs are. Especially growing up with a handful of their tunes.

      Delete
  2. Loving your nice blog :)

    xoxo
    http://singingthumbelina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband is a huge fan of Morrisey and in his younger days actually went to one of his gigs when they used to throw flwoers on the stage. We bought a Morrisey poster with Meat is Murder to put up at the cafe, but we never did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your husband is so lucky. I would have caught those flowers and kept them for the rest of my life! You should put the poster up some time, if no one gets offended by such a bold statement of course. :)

      Morrissey performed in my home of Los Angeles March 1 but I had no money to go. However, the next day he did a show at Hollywood high school for all the ignorant and unappreciative students there. I'm not saying that out of jealousy either, I know a lot of people who go to that school and have seen the students there, and they only know like two or three songs from The Smiths and already consider themselves "such big fans!" The majority of them also know nothing of Morrissey's solo work. What a shame, he could have visited me instead. :( Hahahah

      Delete
  4. they are amazing! i love morrissey so much..and the fact he was a vegetarian (or maybe vegan) just makes me love him even more! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. According to him, he's been a vegetarian since the age of 11. I want to cook him food though cause I get this feeling that he doesn't cook very much. -.- I'd keep him super healthy!

      Delete