21 June, 2013

Breakfast For The Busy College Vegetarian!

Ah yes, college! The only part of education in our lives where we can actually choose which classes we want to take and on what days and times! But even if you take just one class, you realize how time consuming the class and homework can be, leaving us to remind ourselves that we have to eat!

Most colleges have plenty of vegetarian (and some vegan) alternatives, but I recommend that you don't get into the habit of always eating out, especially if you're living on a tight budget. A simple task such as making yourself breakfast in the morning can make a big difference in your abilities at school. "But what if my class is early in the morning? I don't have time to make myself some breakfast!" No need to worry, because that is what I'm here for!

I'm taking math Monday - Thursday from 10:20 a.m till 2:00 p.m. My professor gives us homework every day, quizzes on Wednesdays, and tests on Mondays. I love having something to do, but I always have to remember to eat! So without further adieu, here is a quick, healthy, and easy recipe for a breakfast smoothie; and the best part is that you only need three ingredients and even vegans can enjoy!

Oatmeal Smoothie:
* 1 cup of regular oatmeal.
* one chopped banana.
* milk of your choice.

Directions:
In a blender, put in two handfuls of oatmeal, one chopped banana, and about 2 small cups of milk. Blend for 15 seconds or until you see that all the ingredients have mixed well. Serve in a cup and enjoy!

If you're in a hurry, you can take your smoothie to go in a portable cup. This also works great as a quick breakfast for work or busy days.

Hope you enjoy the smoothie and stay strong in every college semester! I'll be back next Friday with a recipe for lunch which will also be for everyone on tight budgets.

Happy reading & Happy blogging.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment + Join the blog!