The omnivorous meal seems so dull compared to a vegetarian or vegan meal. While omnivores have reds, browns, yellows, and some greens, herbivores have all the colors of the rainbow! I've been experimenting with ingredients and came up with a sub that I call the "Rainbow Sub", and I'll be giving you all the recipe!
(The great thing is that you can easily veganize this meal.)
* Bread of your choice.
*Coarse Ground Dijon Mustard
1. Chop up as much of each ingredient as you need. This depends on the length of the bread you're using. Don't chop the sausage or avocado.
2. Cook the chopped pieces (orange & green pepper, tomato, squash, tomato, and onion) in a pan with a small amount of cooking oil. You can use whichever oil you like.
3. Once done cooking, remove from pan and cook the Tofurky sausage. You can use the same pan.
4. Inside the bread, put the Dijon mustard on the bottom slice and the mayonnaise on the top slice.
5. Put in the Tofurky sausage and evenly spread the chopped ingredients on top.
6. Cut slices of avocado to top off the sub. Press down firmly and make sure that everything stays inside the bread.
How To Veganize:
The one thing that stops this from being vegan is the mayonnaise. If you want a vegan sub, just use vegan mayonnaise. :)
I hope this recipe can help you all out, especially the people who just started vegetarian or vegan lifestyles. What are your favorite recipes?