24 October, 2013

Adopting animals in Los Angeles. (NKLA)

If you're new to my blog, I had touched the subject on NKLA before. Click HERE to visit that post. NKLA (No Kill Los Angeles), is a group of organizations in the Los Angeles area that have come together to try and make Los Angeles no-kill, spay/ neuter homeless animals, and put them up for adoption. Last year alone, NKLA successfully had 23,000 animals adopted!
If you're in a situation where you can't keep animals such as living in "no pets allowed" apartments (like me), allergies, etc. you can still help! Simple donations like $10 can go a long way with food for a week. You can also donate by texting the word NKLA to 50555; this will send a $10 donation.

Are you able to keep pets where you live but are not ready or unsure of adopting? Try fostering an animal! There are many possibilities on how you can help. To find out more on NKLA and what you can do, visit their website: NKLA.org

Feel free to share and spread the word of NKLA, my guppies! And adopt your next animal companions. :)

P.S: NKLA is having a Halloween event on Sunday, October 27 from 11AM-3PM at the South L.A. animal shelter. For the address and event activities, click HERE.  {Thank you for reminding me, Kylie!}

4 comments:

  1. Are you going to their Halloween event on Sunday???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure yet. If my boyfriend is not working then maybe; he's my ride. Hahah
      Are you going?

      Delete
  2. This is so awesome!! I will make shure to donate this up comming week! Will share on twitter!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I'm sure they'll appreciate it. Thank you. :)

      Delete