30 October, 2013

To My Angels.

Oso & Estrella
Oso came into my life when I was two years old (1994). He was a two month-old akita mix puppy. He was sold to my parents in a local market parking lot, thank goodness that my parents brought him into my life! In 1995, Estrella was born. My aunt had a cocker spaniel that just had puppies and I saw Estrella when she was born. A month later, I was able to bring her home with me.
My favorite memories of Oso are two: 1. Oso would make a really funny face every time I scratched his belly and would twitch his leg (like many dogs do), then he'd sneeze! 2. I would take him out to walks around  the neighborhood when he was 15 & 16. He knew what time his walks were and would get immensely happy; kicking around like an excited deer. People in the neighborhoods I walked him in had even started to recognize us because we'd pass by on a daily basis.
My favorite memories of Estrella are how she always loved playing catch. She LOVED when I'd throw a ball because she knew that it was her time to shine. For a small cocker spaniel, she could jump pretty high! Another memory/ thing she did that I loved is that every time I sat by the steps or floor and extended my arm, she would run to me and put herself under it so we could sit together.
Estrella passed away before Oso. She first lost a lot of weight, then she became very bloated. She had many gases trapped in her stomach (this can be very life threatening to certain animals!) and she wouldn't eat that often. It got to the point where she hid somewhere to die, but she still lived. The next morning I had a fashion show but I couldn't leave her that way, so I went to the vet so they could put her to sleep. I held her as we waited and when the vet came, I gave her a large hug and told her that I loved her. She passed away in May of 2010, she was 15.
Oso passed away soon after. He and Estrella were best friends since 1995, and besides hitting depression, he was already 16 years old. In December of 2010, Oso had a stroke in the backyard but I was at school when this happened. My sister was there and told me that he still came back from it, but that he walked with a limp. So my sister took him to the vet to be put to sleep on that same day. She told me that although after suffering from a stroke, when they got to the vet there was a pot with a plant outside the animal hospital door, and Oso still managed to lift his leg and mark the plant as his!


A Bridge Called Love
It takes us back to brighter years,
to happier sunlit days
and to precious moments
that will be with us always.
And these fond recollections
are treasured in the heart
to bring us always close to those
from whom we had to part.
There is a bridge of memories
from earth to Heaven above...
It keeps our dear ones near us
It's the bridge that we call love
-Frans Candles

8 comments:

  1. This post is so heart warming Adi! Thank you for sharing your beautiful memories of Oso and Estrella. I can tell that you truely loved them so much. <3 Hugs, Francesca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I loved them dearly but I'm also glad that they are no longer in pain. They gave me some of the best memories that I have. :)

      Delete
  2. We were so glad that Soldier joined us for the pumpkin gut slide!
    Happy Howl-O-Ween!
    hugs
    Mr Bailey, Hazel & Greta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once again, thank you for having the event and I'm glad that Soldier got to be a part of it. :)
      Happy Halloween!

      Delete
  3. Ok now my eye make up is running down my face...I have had to say good by to many who have touched my life... I loved them all... my last one Oscar I miss the most... was my best friend .... Thank you for sharing .... hugs :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that this touched you but don't cry! I'm sure that they're all together and very happy. *hug* :)

      Delete