29 December, 2013

A special Sunday.♥

Yikes! 2013 is almost over!! I'm proud to say that this year didn't pass by as fast as I thought. I was able to gain experience in journalism, meet new people, and blog whenever I could. I already have goals set for 2014, but they're all wishes that I'll have to work hard for! :) I'd like to fit at least one or two blog posts before the new year and I think that today would be a great time to share.

I hanged out with my mom today because her birthday is tomorrow but she has to work. :( She works Monday - Friday from morning till night, which means that I won't be able to really see her tomorrow. My boyfriend and I took her out to eat; afterwards, my mom and I went to the mall with my sister and her husband and kids.
My mom. c:

The rest of the day was spent in her house where we just relaxed in the backyard. Of course, the two most cuddliest creatures in the world can be found there: Soldier and Sheegwa!

I got to watch some Antonio Aguilar films with my mom, which I LOVE because we have the same taste in Mexican films. I prefer classic Mexican films, just like her. Jorge Negrete, Flor Silvestre, Pedro Infante, Maria Felix, etc! To end the day, we made some enchiladas with spinach for dinner while catching up. :)

My mom is a wonderful person who always did the best she could for her kids. Both of my parents did! My dad passed away in 2008, and after a 27-year marriage she was able to pick herself up and become an independent woman. I have so many fond memories of her, like helping her clean the house as a kid, making tortillas together, working on embroidery together, her telling me for as long as I can remember that I don't need to wear any make up; that make up is for much older women. To this day the only make up I wear is red lip tint, and that's not even every day! Her life stories captured my attention and made me want to know more. I'd never trade her for another mother and I'm grateful that she and my dad raised me the old-fashioned way with old-fashioned morals. Because of that, I've been able to stay out of so much trouble that many people my age have already gone through or are experiencing.

Moving out really opened my eyes to what my parents did for my older siblings and I, and I'm thankful. Yes, I feel bad sometimes because there were times in which I was very unappreciative of them (teenage years), and as angry as I may have made them, not once did they ever stop showing love for me. My dad may no longer be here in flesh and blood, but I still have my mom and I'll never take her for granted. She makes me happier than what I think she even knows, and there are almost no words to describe how much I love her. Although she'll be working, I hope that she has a wonderful and happy, stress-free birthday tomorrow.


What did you enjoy the most from 2013? Was it what you expected? Let me know in the comment section below! :)

P.S: Here's a short video I recorded today of Soldier and my youngest nephew, baby Andrew!

2 comments:

  1. Your mom is a lovely and wise woman! What fond memories you have, and how fortunate to still have her in your life to create new ones. I lost my mother in 2009 and not a day goes by that I don't long for her.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. And losing a parent is always hard, I hope that my mother sticks around for many more years! I bet your mother was a wonderful woman too.

      Delete