07 February, 2014

Vegetarian Myth #17: Vegetarians are picky eaters.

No matter what part of the world you travel to, if there are people, there WILL be picky eaters. The myth that vegetarians in particular are picky eaters is both true and false. Before explaining why this has both answers, you need to understand why people believe vegetarians are picky.

Vegetarians (and vegans) are seen as picky eaters because they chose to exclude meat from their lifestyles. That's not what makes someone picky; It's a common mistake which sometimes causes people to make faces or shake their heads when someone orders a burger without the meat patty. However, just as there are picky omnivores, there are picky vegetarians.

There are cases where vegetarians don't like specific fruits, vegetables, or legumes. This is not a problem as long as they eat enough of what they need. Someone can hate broccoli but love spinach, carrots, and beet. If being a vegetarian is something that you want to be, I advise that you try out different types of vegetables for a while before jumping into it. You don't want to start something that you're body isn't used to and won't know how to deal with. Start off small, like a flexitarian, and work your way up from there.

Consider this vegetarian myth DEBUNKED! Like seeing vegetarian myths get solved? Stay tuned for next Fridays vegetarian myth! And feel free to share this post as well.

Know of any vegetarian myths that you want to see debunked? Comment & let me know! :)

Want to read past vegetarian myths? Click on the links below:

Enjoy the fruits and vegetables that the world has to offer!

2 comments:

  1. When I saw this myth, in my head I said "That's not true, I'm a picky eater" lol I have my days where I don't eat meat and my days where I do but If something doesn't look right I will twist my face and just starve lol

    Great post Adi!
    xo, Britt-nayy (lol)

    StylishProportions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah exactly! I used to be an extremely picky eater!

      Delete