16 May, 2014

Veggie Food Essentials!

The hardest part of starting vegetarianism is finding food to eat. With the proper ingredients at home, anyone can have a healthy and full tummy without the worry of starvation!

There's more to vegetarians than salad, you know? Once you learn about new foods, you can shop away and make whatever you wish. Whether a beginner or a pro, the following list I created is perfect for people of all lifestyles! So get your grocery list ready, my guppies! And don't worry, I'm not rich; the most expensive thing below is probably around five dollars (depending on where you buy). P.S: You don't have to buy everything organic, but do NOT buy seedless food!

If you're an ovo vegetarian or lacto-ovo vegetarian, you can buy eggs. Don't make them your #1 food source though! You can also buy white or wheat bread & your favorite jams.

MILK ALTERNATIVES:
*Choose one, or experiment until you find the one you like.*
1. Soy milk
2. Almond milk
3. Rice milk
4. Oat milk
5. Coconut milk
6. Flax Milk
7. Quinoa milk
8. Hazelnut milk
9. Hemp milk
10. Cashew milk
11. Sunflower milk
12. 7 grain milk

VEGETABLES & STEM VEGETABLES:
1. Lettuce
2. Spinach
3. Onions
4. Garlic
5. Carrots
6. Potatoes

FRUITS:
1. Avocados
2. Cucumbers
3. Tomatoes
4. Pineapple
5. Oranges
(Any of your favorite fruits as well!)

FLOWER BUDS:
1. Broccoli
2. Artichoke

LEGUMES:
1. Lentils
2. Black beans
3. Garbanzo beans
4. Pinto beans
(A great thing to have is the bag that comes with a variety of legumes inside. Great for making soup!)

SEEDS:
1. Sunflower
2. Chia

***OPTIONAL***
MEAT ALTERNATIVES:
1. Vegetarian Chorizo
2. Veggie Patties
3. Vegetarian Chicken Nuggets
(Any other flavors you can find that you might like. However, just like eggs, don't make meat alternatives your #1 source of food! Think of it as a last resort when there is little to no fresh produce at home.)

The next step wold be experimenting with recipes and keep a balanced meal plan as to avoid hunger. What are some of your favorite foods to have around?
MY FAVORITES ARE AVOCADO, ARTICHOKE, & LENTILS! :9

4 comments:

  1. We love to read about all that you know!! Thank you for sharing!
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tweedles! And I love reading about your adventures.<3

      Delete
  2. Awesome post! One of the most frequent questions I'm asked when I tell people I don't eat meat is: "oh my, so WHAT do you eat?". When I start to tell about everything I eat from tea to avocado their awkward faces are brilliant. ;>
    Another thought: I love soy milk and I try to buy it as often as I can but unfortunately in my country it's REALLY expensive (about 4-5 times more expensive than "usual" milk) :<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha the reactions are always priceless. ^.^
      Oh no. :( Have you ever tried making your own soy milk? I've looked up how to make almond milk and a former professor taught me how to make rice milk, I'm sure making your own soy milk would save you some money, and it could be fun! :)

      Delete