27 June, 2014

Films 4 the animal-loving soul!♥

How is everyone doing on this fine Friday? I decided to share with you my top 1O favorite animal movies from my childhood. They all fed that animal lover inside of me and I'm sure you might recognize some as well! I recommend watching ALL of these (if you already haven't). If you have watched them, I send you a virtual high five! *high five* I don't like to be a movie spoiler, so I'll try to not say too much about each film. So without further adieu, here are my top 1O animal movies, in no particular order.

1. Lady and the Tramp. (1955)
A Disney classic revolving around a young cocker spaniel named Lady and the adventures that await her after meeting a street dog by the name of Tramp. I was also called "Lady" as a kid because of my hair. Hahah

2. James and the Giant Peach. (1996)
I remember watching the previews to this movie, but didn't actually watch the film until I was 20! It's the only one in the list that I didn't see as a kid. Love insects, bugs, peaches, and adventure? Then you're going to love this movie!

3. The Aristocats. (1970)
The movie that started my love for cats. All I wanted after this movie were a pair of three kittens! When a sophisticated cat named Duchess is lost with her three kittens, it's up to O'Malley the alley cat to bring them back home.

4. Animal Farm. (1954)
This movie is a bit more for teen and adult audiences. Yeah, I watched it as a kid;  it taught me a couple of things and also made me sad (still loved it though!), but either: A. A lot of kids won't understand the concept, or B. They will be terrified! Or both! I'm sure many animal rights activists have seen this film and I definitely recommend this one if you haven't.

5. The Adventures of Milo and Otis. (1989)
"We're gonna take a walk outside today, gonna see what we can find today!" You can't think of this movie without singing the song first! This is the movie I probably watched the most! Great film for the cat and pug lovers! There was controversy of animal cruelty and I can see why, but the film makers have stated that no animals were hurt. You can be the judge of that yourselves after watching it.

6. Babe. (1995)
For the love of piggies and farm animals, Babe is a great movie! What better film to watch than of a pig trying to be a sheep dog? I love this movie so much, that my parents bought it for me after watching it in my kindergarten class!

7. Charlotte's Web. (1973)
Here's another adorable piggy but in animated form! I seriously think that all the barn animal movies are the reason why I love pigs so much. Odd animal friends make heart warming stories, and this one is no different of a pig named Wilbur and a spider named Charlotte.

8. Chicken Run. (1998)
Trying to escape her fate of being chicken pot pie, Ginger relies on a circus rooster named Rocky to teach her and her friends how to fly. I'd love to say more but I can't. For those of you who haven't watched this one, watch it!

9. 1O1 Dalmatians. (1961)
"She's gonna make coats out of us!" My love for dalmatians came from this movie, of course! And so did my dislike for real fur or leather on clothing. Even children movies have lessons for us to take into consideration for our adulthood.

1O. Homeward Bound. (1993)
People have been fed so much nonsense about pit bulls being vicious! Not only have they forgotten that Pete from The Little Rascals is a pit bull, but so is Chance from Homeward Bound. Just to say a little bit about the movie without spoiling it, it's about Chance, Shadow (golden retriever), and Sassy (Himalayan cat) who set out to find their owners after thinking that they were abandoned.

Recognized any on my list? What are some of your favorite childhood films that helped inspire your love for animals? Share your own list and/or stories in the comment box below! I also love recommendations, so fire away! :)

6 comments:

  1. oh yes... MYLO AND OTIS for sure!
    Good choices!
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorites! Love them all c:

    Maggie from
    http://secretpassageinthebilberrypay.blogspot.ru/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then you have an awesome taste! Hahah :)

      Delete
  3. I cried a little when I saw this. So many great movies with all kinds of great memories. I can watch Babe, the Aristocats, James and the Giant Peach, and 101 Dalmatians til the wheels fall off. I've seen them all but those are my ALL time faves. Thanks so much Adi for bringing those memories.

    Love you. xo.

    Bee
    Stylishproportions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yayyy! They should play these movies one night in any dtla theater; I would go!! ^.^
      And you're very welcome. :)<333

      Delete