16 July, 2014

Vegetarian Mermaid Fitness! (Month 2)

I said I'd start checking in every month rather than ever week, so here I am since June 16! Here are a couple of things I learned:

1. Mirrors are deceiving!
2. I don't have a broad back.
3. The less worried I am, the better I get things done.

1 & 2. Mirrors are deceiving! They really are. Why else would I continue thinking I have a broad back? The bathroom mirror makes my back look big, but the living room mirror makes my back look normal/ right with my body. What better way to get the right answer than from my brutally honest husband? He said I didn't have a broad back, but that back exercises are still important to do! I make sure to always keep perfect posture when sitting, walking, and exercising. Not to mention that I feel better. ;)
3. The less worried I am, the better I get things done. This is something I already knew about but didn't practice. I'm a really nice person but I've also got a nasty attitude when provoked. It's hard to get me so worked up that I actually say something, but it's happened. Learning to just do my thing makes me feel better and accomplished. Waking up and doing nothing for three hours doesn't feel right anymore. I guess you can say it's a part of me that's growing up.

Here are my measurements from the last time I shared my fitness routine:
 BACK: 15 in. *corrected*
BREASTS/ CHEST AREA: 31 in.
WAIST: 27 in.
HIPS: 37 in.

Below are my measurements a month later:
BACK: 14 in.
BREASTS/ CHEST AREA: 30 in.
WAIST: 27 in.
HIPS: 37 in.

I did my back measurements wrong at first, but I fixed that and found out that I lost an inch! As you can see, my back became the main targeted area. Along with losing back fat, my chest area went down by one inch as well. Does that bother me? Nope! I never had big boobs and (not dissing any girls that have any) I don't want any! My waist and hips remained the same because as I said earlier, my back became the focus point. Plus, my gut is smaller than before! :D

Food wise, I eat whatever I want, both healthy and unhealthy. The secret? Eat slowly! I exercise about three times a week and added some zumba into the mix. I also played basketball at the park yesterday. If you saw me in person, you'd probably think I'm crazy for trying to "get fit". I'm not anorexic or bulimic. I LOVE food! ~.^ If I ever get tummy aches (which is rare), I run for the peptobismol bottle or lay on my stomach just so that I won't vomit. Walking long distances is something I actually enjoy! I'm just what you call a skinny-fat person. I look skinny, but I have more body fat than muscle. I'll check in again on August 16!

And now, here are my progress photos!!
The first ones are when I began two months ago (May 29)
and the last ones were taken today!

P.S: I have not weighed myself because I don't own a scale. :( But when I first started, I weighed 114 lbs.
P.S.S: Zumba is GREAT for getting rid of fat back! Or whatever your target area is!

I must admit, I'm a sucker for ice cream and chocolate!
What are your favorite "cheat" foods?

No comments:

Post a Comment