12 August, 2014

Robin Williams.

 photo b4d059f2-511c-4d38-a106-e57acde254dc_zps06975e5c.jpgIn all truth and honesty, I can't watch a movie with Robin Williams in it and not have my heart ache a little. At least, not any time soon. I'm sure he'd want us to enjoy his work and laugh at the humor he created. If you don't know what happened, he passed away on Monday from asphyxiation.

His suicide caught me out of nowhere while I was cooking yesterday. I didn't want to believe it, but I had to accept the facts and oh, how it hurt. He filled my (and many people's) childhood with great movies like Aladdin, Mrs. Doubtfire, Flubber, Jumanji, and Popeye. He has this energy that seeps out of the screen and sits right next to us. Not trying to sound corny or spiritual, but you gotta admit that his characters were always the ones you felt closest to.

Suicide is something that I feel is in a persons destiny already. It's not something that anyone can just do, and I hope he found the peace that he was searching for. Who cares if he was against suicide? He's just a person and we can't judge him for going against his own word (like many of us have). To me, he's not in "hell"; if he truly believed that there was something better after death, then I know he finally found it.

I want to thank him for making me a happy child. Thank you for making me laugh, cry, and the fun memories to think back on.

*group hug*

2 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful tribute. Thank you for finding the words to speak,, and share-- and we feel sad too,,,
    and we can't shake it either,,
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you; I'm really glad that you like it.<3

      Delete

Leave a comment + Join the blog!