28 November, 2014

Chespirito.♡

Mexican comedian, Roberto Gómez Bolaños has sadly passed away today at the age of 85. Roberto (better known as Chespirito) is one of the most iconic comedians in Mexican television and cinema. I grew up watching him as a little girl in two shows: El Chavo del Ocho and El Chapulín Colorado. I watched him religiously and tuned in with my papa Chon (father of my mom) on my annual trips to México. This Halloween I was even stumped on whether I should be Sailor Moon or El Chapulín Colorado!

Although I never met him, his death still hit a soft spot because of all those years I grew up watching him. In a way you felt close to his characters without knowing much about the man behind the act. This blog post is just a thank you to him and for all the laughs he brought into my life. His style in comedy was unique and his characters are easily identified in Latin culture and are irreplaceable.

Although painful, I must be happy at the fact that he is now at peace and should celebrate what he has left, which is nothing but joy!

For those of you who never knew about him or his shows, here's an episode of El Cahpulín Colorado with English subtitles. c;
P.S: These shows were from the 1970s.

No comments:

Post a Comment