04 December, 2014

Review: Organix teatree mint shampoo & conditioner.


With a growing set of locks, shampoo and conditioner shopping can get quite picky. Don't even get me started on looking for something cruelty-free! Although my hair is not sensitive to "cheap" shampoos, I've wanted to start leaning towards a more compassionate approach with any products I use. That's where Organix fits the bill of quality hair care without the testing of animals.
The bottles immediately caught my attention and these sulfate-free concoctions didn't disappoint. The bottles seem small, but actually contain a lot of product inside. Since my hair is a little more curly than wavy, I decided to go with the Teatree Mint shampoo and conditioner for hydration.
My hair looks black here, but the photos
below show my actual color.

Things to know: Spreading this shampoo onto the hair is different than most shampoos because they are sulfate-free. To get the ultimate benefit, divide the hair into sections in order to spread evenly on the scalp (a little bit per section goes a long way). After you get the complete scalp, spreading to the rest of your hair is a piece of cake!

Before shampooing this way, my hair would feel dry, but after figuring out what I was doing wrong and trying what I said above, my hair has become so soft, shiny, and smells of chocolate mints! The scent remains throughout the day, but it's not as strong as I'd like it to be. You'd have to grab a curl and smell it to really know. ;(

I'd recommend this for anyone with dry, wavy, or curly hair. This is especially perfect for the type of cold weather that's going on right now in many places. After four months of using this product, I'm barely starting to run out. I'll definitely continue using this on my locks!

These photos (including the one where my hair looks black) do not have any effects, that way you can see in detail the softness this product gives my hair, including my growing curls. Not really sure what my hair color is, (never been dyed) so I say chestnut brown? You can decide for yourself. ~.o









Organix has many different shampoos, conditioners, and even body wash. You can check out their website: ogxbeauty.com/ 
If you become overwhelmed by the amazing products and can't choose, take the quiz HERE! I just took it and got *drum roll* teatree mint! Looks like I'm on the right path. c;


Disclaimer: I did this review because I'm a fan of the product and bought it with my own money; I was not paid by anyone. Any review that was asked to be done by a certain brand/ company will say "c/o" under the product photo.

17 comments:

  1. love love your hair!! so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this post actually makes me miss my long permed hair. :\ haha anyway, thanks for following me. will definitely followed you back. hope we keep in touch! :))

      Delete
    2. Aww, the beauty is that it grows back! Hahah
      No problem, hope we keep in touch as well.

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous mermaid hair! Thanks for the tip about sulfate free washing, I was about to give up on the shampoo I've been using because I felt like it wasn't working properly. I'm gonna give that method a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's all in the hair cut. (;
      Let me know if the tips work out!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing! I don't use shampoo or conditioner, but I still love knowing about cruelty-free brands!

    Melissa
    wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, your hair looks in beautiful condition. I wish my hair had a natural curl like that.
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. :) It gets curlier as it grows.
      What's your hair type?

      Delete
  5. I love that stuff. I am addicted to tea tree products because I struggle with dandruff (gross I know). It works great and I love the slight tingle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the first Teatree product I've ever used and it's like magic!

      Delete
  6. First time commenting here! Love your blog by the way; sadly, Organix is not cruelty free, contrary to their claim of being so. Many people (including myself) have already contacted them and questioned whether or not they are CF, however they either did not reply or completely avoided the questions. Just to let you know, as you are a fellow animal supporter!

    Viva la veggie! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your concern! I checked myself and the shampoo and conditioner I use are not tested on animals; however, they are not vegan. I do plan to change them for better products in the future when I am able to find any. My hair can be a bit tricky to take care of. Hahah

      Delete
  7. I purchased organix products online from Awesome bazar. Awesome Bazar provides best competitive prices product and fast delivery process . Really very nice service of awesome bazar, Awesome bazaar best Shopping destination. Find At https://awesomebazar.com/brands/organix/

    ReplyDelete