31 December, 2014

Thanks for the lessons, 2O14.


I'm such a sensitive person even though I don't really show it. I've never felt so strange about a new year before. Maybe it's because I'm older; I feel like my old (younger) self is dying and my new self is coming into place. I'm not terrified, just curious and a bit emotional. Change is something I never liked, especially sudden change, but it has become a norm in my life for the past two years. I feel like I've committed the same mistakes for so long that there is nowhere else to go but forward.

I realized that the reason my blog is not where I wanted it to be by the end of this year is because of fear and my own self-consciousness. I didn't believe in myself hard enough like I should have, and I'm done with that. No need to wait for a new year to arrive, I've been feeling this way a week before. I'm done with being pushed around and feeling the pressure of others for me to "do better" by their standards. I have to stop fearing conflict and just face it with the honesty I always feel. I've cared too much about what others think of me and it's time for that to end. One thing I am happy about is that I've never been a kiss-ass. However, speaking up for myself was always one of my weakest points. No more hiding and being lost; I'm 22 and not 14 anymore.
When I started this blog, I was only 18 years old. I wanted to show people that vegetarianism is a privileged thing that anyone can attain. Seeing as how difficult it is to talk to strangers about it in the street, my blog was born. What a shame that it took me four years to realize that I was stopping my blog from growing by not being all I can be. That's all come to an end, and I'm ready to be the person I've always hidden inside. 2O14 was not a wasted year; if all the things that happened to me this year would have never occurred, I'd still be weak and dumbfounded by so many things. For me, this was the year of taking punches (not literally)  and learning from them. Sensitive is just my inner nature, and although I may sometimes cry from being so nervous/ embarrassed or upset, I will not hold back the things I want or have to say. Even tears are temporary; they're like pieces of the old me being shed to reveal a newer and stronger person.

Thank you to the new readers and to the ones that have stuck around. I made some wonderful friends and acquaintances through blogging and I can't wait to indulge myself into 2O15. I hope that everyone has a wonderful new year and I wish you all accomplish everything you want; don't ever hold back.♡
My last Snickers of the year A.K.A my favorite chocolate bar. :9

My favorite people, animals, and blogs from this year:
Kailey from Mermaidens
Susanne from Pastellkroken
Katie from Buddle & Squeak
Bailey, Hazel, & angel Greta from Idaho Pugranch Kids

12 comments:

  1. Sometmes we wake up and find its the perfect day to grow,. Just like little flower bulbs coming out of the soil to bloom.. They bloom when the time is right,, and I think you know the time is right for you. We watch you as you learn,, and we think your wise, and brave,, and we love you just the way you are.
    We are sensitive too,
    We love you
    your tweedles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly how I've been feeling. I love you very much too and appreciate you and your blog.<3

      Delete
  2. I'm sure you can do anything you put your mind to Adi, but remember that you really still are very young. Just enjoy life and don't let it or any people pressure you. All the best for the new year, I will definitely be following your blog! And thanks for the mention too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. :) I definitely will enjoy my time and accomplish whatever I wish! Have a great 2O15!

      Delete
  3. You are a wonderful person, always believe in yourself. Thank you for mentioning us, that is very sweet of you.
    We wish you all good things this year.
    Happy New Year!
    Dip Elliot Lynne and the Hammys x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! And no problem; keep up the amazing blogging and art. :)

      Delete
  4. Here is to a Happy New Year in 2015! We appreciate your friendship and looking forward to a better year for all of us. You are right - don't ever hold back, that is just what Greta would say!
    hugs
    Mr Bailey & Hazel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate you all as well and can't wait to see what your blog has in store for 2O15. :)

      Delete
  5. Thanks girl! Lets make this year awesome. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! c; I look forward to this year being an amazing one.

      Delete
  6. i feel you. i hate change but its something we cant avoid and is really inevitable. i love reading your blog you put so much words and i love it. i love what you write. thanks for dropping by my blog. keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete