14 December, 2014

The popular vegetarian.

Imagine living in the 1920s and asking a baker if her/his cupcakes are gluten-free and vegan? Now step back into present time; there are shops in many popular cities that specialize in all things vegan, gluten free, and Eco-friendly. Does this mean that the vegetarian and vegan movement has become a success?

In my opinion, yes and no. Vegan options are easily available in certain parts of the world but not all of them are healthy. Whatever ones reasons are to leave meat behind, being healthy should always be number one. Just like meat, meat-free options can be overly processed and create serious health problems in the future if consumed too much. Aside from eating, vegetarianism and veganism could possibly be turning into a fad.

The reason I say a fad is because not everyone takes the time to embrace the benefits of this lifestyle. Example: Quits meat but continues smoking (or) quits meat but won't give many vegetables a chance. A walking contradiction, and I've seen them in many places. Another reason these lifestyles could be fads is because of the health/ fitness craze that some people are on right now. I'm not saying that being fit is a bad thing, but reconsider the reasons if they're being done because "everyone else is doing it" or wanting to look better than someone else.

Be healthy and fit because it's beneficial and rewarding. Eat vegetables and get rid of meat because you chose to, out of your own free will. So, is the popularization of vegetarians and vegans in certain parts of the world beneficial? There are fair shares of pros and cons. Even though certain paths lead to better results, people ultimately have the final choice on why they'd choose a vegetarian or vegan life, for better or for worse.

8 comments:

  1. love your boots! i love vegetables! :D

    new outfit post here :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've often thought it must have been a complete nightmare being a vegetarian decades ago. We are spoilt now with all the wonderful choices and recipes there are.
    Thanks so much for following me on Tumblr, I am following you too - great drawings!
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to think the same way in my pre-teen years. lol
      You're welcome! Your work is beautiful too. :)

      Delete
  3. You look great ^^ And I agree that being healthy is the most important thing. Wish there were more places that sell healthy food for low prices and not only like fruits. I mean you can like find a fast food thingy around every corner but healthy stuff is so hard to find :(

    ❤ Sann
    www.Piixel.nl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! c;
      I get you. I used to grow my own fruits and vegetables in my old backyard, but winter is coming in and I can't plant much at the moment. ;/

      Delete
  4. Good for you,, for thinking and being so wise!
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete