27 March, 2015

Funny how I love you so much.

Ever thought back to your childhood idols (whether real or fictional) and wondered if they've influenced who you are today? The love for them is there, but something in our subconscious intertwines with theirs and stitches our similarities together, sometimes creating a new habit or point of view. In my case, this ended up being vegetarianism.
Source.
Animals were my first love that are not blood relatives. I was so fearless as a child; I'd carry wild iguanas in Mexico, bathe stray dogs and cats, and hold tarantulas. The funny thing is that all of my idols are animal lovers, but I didn't know this at the time. My life revolved around Shari Lewis, Fred Rogers, Gloria Trevi, and Ace Ventura. Naturally, Ace was the only one that I knew loved animals. Fast-forward through time; I'm now a vegetarian of six years and have recently realized that three out of my four idols didn't eat animals (not sure if Gloria Trevi does).
Source.
Mr. Rogers and Ace Ventura are vegetarians, and Shari Lewis a strict vegan. If I didn't know any of this as a child, how did I end up a vegetarian as well? I believe that there is a strong, universal energy which connects you to everything that you are. I'm an animal lover, so the universe attracted me to these four people. Their characteristics and ideas made sense to me, and I fell in complete admiration for them. As I got older, I found out just how much we all had in common, and I couldn't be any happier about that.
Source.
Who were your childhood idols, and in what ways do you think they shaped who you are now?
Source.
Chistoso como te amo mucho.
Has pensado atras a tus ídolos de niñez (aunque sean real o de ficción) y pensar si ellos han influido quien eres hoy? El amor por ellos está allí, pero algo subconsciente se entrelaza con el de ellos y junta nuestras similitudes, algunas veces creando un nuevo hábito o punto de vista. En mi caso, esto termino ser el vegetarianismo.
Source.
Animales fueron mi primer amor que no son relativos de sangre. Yo era tan valiente en mi niñez; yo cargaba iguanas salvajes en México, bañaba perros y gatos de la calle, y tocaba tarántulas. Lo chistoso es que todos mis ídolos amaban los animales, pero yo no sabia en ese tiempo. Mi vida giraba alrededor de Shari Lewis, Fred Rogers, Gloria Trevi, y Ace Ventura. Naturalmente, Ace fue el único que yo supe amaba animales. Avancemos rápido por tiempo; ahora soy vegetariana de seis años y recientemente me di cuenta que tres de cada cuatro de ellos no comían animales (no estoy segura de Gloria Trevi).
Source.
Mr. Rogers y Ace Ventura eran vegetarianos, y Shari Lewis una vegano estricta. Si no sabia esto cuando era niña, como fue que me hice vegetariana también? Yo creo que hay una fuerte energía universal que nos conecta a todo lo que somos. Amo los animales, entonces el universo me atrajo a estas cuatro personas. Sus características y ideas hacían sentido para mi, y sentí admiración pura por ellos. Mientras que fui creciendo, descubrí cuanto todos teníamos en común, y no podría ser mas feliz de eso.
Source.
¿Quiénes eran tus ídolos de niñez, y en que cosas piensas que hicieron la persona que eres horita?
Source.

Twitter  Google+ ✽ Tumblr  Pinterest ✽ Instagram

14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. They are just the cutest!!
      Such perfect idols, Tweedles. :)

      Delete
  2. OMG I LOVE THIS POST! Thanks for sharing! (:

    LOVE LOVE LOVE Jim Carrey. He is the best!!

    Have a wonderful weekend! xo
    ♥ http://www.thekawaiiplanet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome, and thank you, Suzy!<3
      Omgosh, yes! He was like my first imaginary boyfriend in this movie. Hahaha

      You have a great one too. :)

      Delete
  3. Lovely discovery, who would've guessed!
    I can't think of any who were at the time... Cher Horowitz nor Dee were veg but (post Clueless) Alicia Silverstone/Rachel Blanchard and Stacey Dash are. Also Fran Fine wasn't either but Fran Drescher is now vegan.
    ♡ Dulce

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. ~.o
      It's so nice to see people grow and change for the greater good. Even Albert Einstein decided to go vegetarian after many years of being an omnivore.

      Delete
  4. I always (and still do!) thought Jane Goodall was an amazing person for all of her work with animals and apes. I definitely agree with you - people tend to gravitate towards others with the same values! Great post :)

    xx
    Kendra | It's a Bug's Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! She's very courageous for loving such an intense lifestyle (actually living with apes); something that many people wouldn't be able to do.
      Thank you.<33

      Delete
  5. I was a fan of so many different people at different stages of growing up, but I think that idolizing people (and trying to be more like them) influences you a lot!

    Thanks so much for your sweet words, they made my day!

    Have a wonderful weekend,
    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crazy how I enjoyed the shows and movies, but didn't try to act like them. Hahah
      And you're very welcome, Kati. :)

      Delete
  6. Once again, such a beautiful post, Adi! Reading this was a heart warming experience.
    I agree with you :)

    I see childhood as the most important time of our lives. I loved fairytale characters the most and they have influenced my style. My ultimate heroine was/is Tove Jansson who has inspired me to try live my life as an artist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you like it! :)
      Tove is so beautiful and her illustrations are easily recognized for their unique style. She's an amazing heroine to have.

      Delete
  7. I think my childhood idol was probably Florence Nightingale, Queen Elizabeth I, and Lizzie McGuire, which is random hahahhaha. I love this post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing but strong women; I love it!

      Delete