13 May, 2015

A Bite of Life.

Salutations, everyone! I haven't published things this month, but I can assure you that time hasn't been wasted. Rather than having the blog be in a silent mystery, let me share with you what I've been working on. So let's get started!

Kitten, dearest.
Aside from being a full-time babysitter and wife, I now have a kitten to take care of at my place. Her name is Dracüla and she's the first indoor cat companion I've ever had. This means that I need to make her lots of toys to keep her busy when we're not home. Got any advice for indoor cat care? Share your wisdom with me!

The TOY Factory.
My husband came up with the genius idea of designing/ making lingerie! He desisngs and I create. Although I've been sewing for years, pattern-making was a skill I never learned. Most online sources advise using an old bra and underwear to make a pattern with, but we wanted everything to be raw! With enough hard work and searching, I created a bra pattern from scratch and designed the pieces like the ones that my guy drew up. Many luxurious lingerie brands use real silk, leather, fur, etc. but ours is 1OO% cruelty-free! Below is a sneak peek photo of what is only a sample model.

Down to Earth.
The mind sometimes spends a little too much time in the clouds, dreaming and expecting the answers to come effortlessly. Boy, if life were that easy. I've come to the acceptance that there is nothing school can offer me anymore. The truth is unfortunate since I've been raised to believe that school is the only way to success. Maybe 1O years ago it still was, but school has officially become for the doctors, engineers, and scientists only. There's no room for artistic breakthroughs in college studies. It's like my guy says, "You can't teach creativity in school."

I'd love to know what everyone else has been up to! I'm taking this day to read some blogs and catch up with you. :) No matter how busy I may be, the blog (and all of you!) are always on my mind.



Una Mordida de la Vida.
¡Saludos a todos! No he publicado cosas este mes, pero te puedo asegurar que el tiempo no se a echado a perder. Envés de tener el blog en un silencio misterioso, permítanme de compartir con ustedes lo que he estado trabajando en. ¡Así que vamos a empezar!

Gatita, querida.
Aparte de ser niñera y esposa de tiempo completo, ahora tengo une gatita para cuidar en mi hogar. Ella se llama Dracüla y ella es la primera compañera gata interior que he tenido. Esto significa que le tengo que hacer muchos juguetes para tenerla ocupada cuando nadie esta en casa. ¿Tienes algún consejo para el cuidado de gatos que solamente viven adentro de casa? ¡Comparte tu sabiduría con migo!

The TOY Factory (La Factoría de JUGUETE).
¡Se le ocurrió a mi marido la genial idea de diseñar/ hacer ropa interior! El diseña y yo lo empiezo a crear. Aunque he estado cosiendo por años, nunca aprendí como construir un patrón. La mayoría de cosas que encontraba en el internet aconsejaban usar un braciel y calzón viejo para hacer un patrón, ¡pero queríamos  que todo fuera en bruto! Con suficiente trabajo duro y buscando, creí un patròn de braciel y diseñe los pedasos como los que mi hombre dibujo. ¡Muchas marcas de lencería lujoso usan seda, cuero, y piel real, pero los de nosotros son 1OO% sin crueldad! Arriba en la parte de ingles hay una foto de lo que es soló un modelo de muestra.

Con los pies en la tierra.
La mente algunas veces pasa demasiado tiempo en las nubes, soñando y esperando las respuestas sin esfuerzo. Si las cosas pudieran ser así de fácil. He aceptado que la escuela ya no puede ofrecerme algo. La verdad es lamentable si yo crecí creyendo que la escuela era la única forma salir exitosa. Ala mejor todavía era posible 1O años antes, pero la escuela ahora es oficialmente solo para los doctores, ingenieros, y científicos. No hay espacio para cosas artísticas en el estudio de colegio. Es como mi hombre dice, "No te pueden enseñar la creatividad en la escuela."

¡Me encantaría saber lo que todos han estado haciendo! Estoy tomando este día para leer blogs y alcanzarme con lo que todas/ todos hacen. :) Aunque esté ocupada, el blog (¡y ustedes!) siempre están en mi mente.


Twitter  Google+ ✽ Tumblr  Pinterest ✽ Instagram

26 comments:

  1. When I had cats they both went out so not much advice but I think you are on the right track with keeping them amused with lots to do. How about a cat tree? I've heard lots of people say their cats love them. Also a pot of grass might be nice because cats love to chew grass for their digestion.
    Congratulations on your new business venture, I wish you and your husband every success.
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All my cat companions were outdoor kitties as well. I would get a cat tree, but it'd have to be a sneaky one since I live in a "no pets allowed" apartment. The manager is really good with us and let's us know in advance when there will be inspections, but she doesn't know about Dracüla. :/ There are a lot of places in our room for her to climb in though, which is really good! I will try getting some grass for her soon though; thank you. :)
      And thank you for the darling support.<33

      Delete
  2. Cats are funny. Even kittens spend a lot of time sleeping and maybe 10 minutes if creative (ie destructive) behavior. Good luck and lots of cuddles.
    Love Noodles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are! This one is a little crazy, but she's just a kitten. Hahah
      Thank you, Noodles.<3

      Delete
  3. Thats amazing you guys are designing your own lingerie! Hope it all goes well for you! :)

    Renee | Lose The Road

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Renee. :) I'll make sure to post updates,

      Delete
  4. It's nice to hear what you've been up to, sounds very busy and creative! I've missed you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. sweet!!! you have a kitty!!
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! She's such a darling.. sometimes. Hahahah

      Delete
  6. Hi Adi! XD Good luck with the cruelty-free lingerie you guys make. Great idea! :D Yes, I don't choose silk or leather anywhere in my daily items. It contains murder, hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hahahah it's nice to know you don't support it. :)

      Delete
  7. This is so adorable. Cats are cute.
    You are really creative because you can made it.

    Would you like to follow each other?
    Let me know if you follow me.
    I will follow you back after it.
    Thanks.
    Www.tomntins.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. :)
      I'll visit your blog.

      Delete
  8. Son tan bonitos esos gatitos!!besos

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't been posting for a while either. The beauty about blogging, though, that it is something you can do when you feel like it. Darcüla is such a cute name, btw hehe

    -Maja

    majatheaztec.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! The blogging world is such a beautiful place. Hope to read your stuff soon!

      Delete
  10. Lovely sample, cannot wait to see more lingerie :)

    ♡ Dulce

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dulce. :) I'll keep you all posted on that in the future.<3

      Delete
  11. Love the name of your new kitty. Good that you are being kept busy in a good way, blogging can wait, but look forward to hearing from you when you do blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha thank you, Shaheen. :) Yes, it can definitely wait, but oh how I miss it!

      Delete
  12. Me encantaria tener uno de tus disenos ese se ve lindo!
    x,Abril
    The Color Palette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias, Abril. Me encante que te gusten. :)

      Delete