17 May, 2015

Sugar Coma.

If anyone else is addicted to candy like me, then you understand the struggle of trying to get off. My weakness is chocolate, ice cream, candy, etc. Unfortunately, I've lost three people in my family to diabetes, and I don't plan on being number four. :( That's why I'm officially trying to reduce my intake on sugary/ chocolate goodies.

There's no possible way I can ever stop completely! Yet, reducing the amount can be beneficial as small intakes of chocolate have healthy possibilities. My new trick is to grab some fruit every time I begin craving some sugary sweets. Rather than punishing the body, allowing a healthy alternative to take over can rid those unhealthy tendencies. Some of my favorites are mango, guava, banana, pineapple, strawberry, orange, and cherries.

Want to do this with me? Tell me in the comments section below what are your favorite fruits and send some photos of them to any of my social networks using the hashtag: #EatLikeAMermaid
I'll share the photos you send to me on Twitter and the blog. ~.o


Coma de Azúcar.
Si cualquier otra persona esta adicta a dulces como yo, entiendes la lucha de tratar de parar. Mi debilidad es el chocolate, helados, dulces, etc. Desafortunadamente, he perdido a tres personas en mi familia por diabetes, y no quiero ser número cuatro. :( Es por eso que estoy oficialmente tratando de reducir mi consumo de cosas azucaradas/ chocolates.

¡No hay manera posible que pueda detenerlo completamente! Sin embargo, reduciendo la cantidad puede ser un beneficio porque el chocolate tiene posibilidades sanos. Mi nuevo truco es agarrar fruta cada vez que tengo ganas de algo azucarado o chocolate. Envés de castigar el cuerpo, le permito una alternativa saludable para librar las tendencias malas. Algunos de mis favoritos son mango, guayaba, plátano, piña, fresa, naranja, y cereza.

¿Quieres hacer esto con migo? Dime en los comentarios abajo cuales son tus frutas favoritas y mándame fotos de ellas en cualquier de mis redes sociales usando el hashtag: #EatLikeAMermaid
Compartiré todas las fotos que me manden en mi Twitter y el blog. ~.o

Twitter  Google+ ✽ Tumblr  Pinterest ✽ Instagram

20 comments:

  1. Agreed, fruits are my favorite too! I have the biggest sweet tooth but avoid consuming refined sugar, which is why I resort to eating so much fruit. Some favorites that I've been eating plenty of lately include: bananas, grapefruits, oranges, pears, pineapple, pomegranates, strawberries, raisins, raw dates, and watermelon.

    ♡ Dulce

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's really good! Pomegranates and watermelon are also some others that I really love. :)

      Delete
  2. I have read dark chocolate with at least 70% cocoa solids is actually good for you. I am trying to eat this (occasionaly, LOL). I also am addicted to cake, ice cream and sweets, as we call them.
    Strawberries, melon and peaches are some of my favourite fruits.
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's the one! And looks like we share a similar sweet tooth. Hahah
      Lovely fruit choices. c:

      Delete
  3. I totally agree, fruit is such a good substitute for unnatural sugar! I always reach for strawberries and blueberries now instead of candy because I end up feeling better in the long run. That's too bad about your losses due to diabetes, I'm sorry!

    xx
    Kendra | It's a Bug's Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. And fruit is definitely the best alternative. I always feel happier afterward. :)

      Delete
  4. That is a great idea to eat less sugar. It is a struggle for me too! I think it is such a great idea to just substitute it for fruit.

    Rebecca
    www.winnipegstyle.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've gotten so used to these sweets that the transition is pretty difficult at first.

      Delete
  5. I LOVE fruits, and I like to snack on it like crazy. My biggest problem is that when there are sweets or snacks around I HAVE to eat them. SO usually I just try to keep healthy foods around.

    -Maja

    majatheaztec.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahah same here! But I've been really trying to cut down on that behavior. >.< So far so good.

      Delete
  6. I love sweets, too and overeat myself carelessly.
    It is good to eat fruit in substitution for sweets♡

    akiko

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've all been there. :)
      Some people think that fruits aren't enough yo beat the craving, but the first thing to do is remove that mentality.

      Delete
  7. Don't tell anyone,,,
    Mommys is choclolate peanut clusters.
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Yum! Pineapple slices are so nice during the spring. Not so much summer because it can get sticky. Hahah

      Delete
  9. Yo también soy muy de comer dulce y a la hora de tener que comer fruta me cuesta bastante.
    Mis favoritas son el plátano, melocoton, cerezas, sandía, melón... Entre otras ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ayer me comí solo un chocolate, me limite. Jajajaj
      Que frutas tan deliciosas. :9 Saben bien ricas cuando los combinas en una ensalada.

      Delete
  10. Huge amounts of love for these photos of you!
    xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heheheh I'm glad you love them. ~.o

      Delete

Leave a comment + Join the blog!