11 April, 2016

Going Cruelty-Free: 1 ✾ Yendo Sin Crueldad: 1


 ENGLISH      ESPAÑOL

Being 1OO% cruelty-free is almost impossible, if not highly expensive. However, I'm taking a challenge in no longer blindly supporting companies that are not cruelty-free. Remember that this doesn't just apply to beauty; home products count as well. My first priority was to see how many things I currently use are tested on animals.
A great source is the website, crueltyfreekitty.com. Suzi makes it her job to check on many brands and examine if they've changed their "cruelty-free/ not tested on animals" policy. I braced myself for the outcome and was shocked to find out that about 9 products I own are tested on animals. Listed below are the things (& companies) that I need to change.

1. Shampoo and Conditioner (Alberto VO5)
2. Shaving Cream (EOS)
3. Lip Balm (EOS)
4. Toothpaste (Colgate)
5. Dishwasher Soap (Palmolive)
6. Lotion (Bath & Body Works)
7. Baking Soda (Arm & Hammer)
8. Dracüla's Cat Food (Purina Cat Chow)
9. Laundry Detergent (Oxi Clean)

"Going Cruelty-Free" posts will be published about twice a month where I share my transition, new cruelty-free discoveries, products, and experiences with certain brands. I'll be talking about it daily with the hashtag #SCAdi on Twitter and Instagram. If you have any products or articles you'd like to share on the subject, make sure to use the hashtag and my username (@Nosferadi) so I can see & give you a retweet!
Want to check if the products you own are tested on animals? Find out here: Cruelty Free Kitty

  Twitter ✽ Facebook  Tumblr ✽ 



24 comments:

  1. This is awesome! You look super cool in that picture <3
    It's kinda weird but I was shocked that cat food is tested on animals (* ^ *;)

    Everytime I'm tempted to buy something makeup/beauty related I check out veganmakeup tumblr page. They make sure that the products are CF and vegan :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you thank you!<3
      I think it's sad to have to somewhat force-feed an animal. :<

      I will check out their tumblr page; thank you again!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for sharing, these things are always good to know! I tend to hear these accidentally and then bann a product, but it's good to actively find out. Golgate will now have to go...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome. :)
      I know what you mean; good to know that it's helping out!

      Delete
  3. You're right, it can be impossible

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can be impossible, but I'm starting. Hahah

      Delete
  4. Thanks my dear :D

    So amazing and informative post. It's very good to know!

    NEW FASHION POST | How To Use White Shirt in 5 ways.
    InstagramFacebook Oficial PageMiguel Gouveia / Blog Pieces Of Me :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so interesting!!!Good for you- for studying!
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tweedles! Will be back with more info. :)

      Delete
  6. I always love how you style your hair! SO chic! ♥

    Happy Wednesday!
    xoxo Suzy ( ˘ ³˘)♥

    THE KAWAII PLANET

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks a lot my lovely friend <3

    NEW PERSONAL POST | My Sunnies Collection!
    InstagramFacebook Oficial PageMiguel Gouveia / Blog Pieces Of Me :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hay que tener muy en cuenta estas cosas!!besos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Es verdad. ¡Gracias por visitar, Dezazu!

      Delete
  9. Adi, this is awesome and you made me super happy! Let me know if there's anything I can help with! Gracias! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for being a big help as it is!<3 I'll definitely let you know. :)

      Delete
  10. Loved this post! I'm veggie and use (mostly) CF products, and always feel like I'm not doing enough <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I know what you mean; but here we are doing our best. :)

      Delete
  11. Being completely cruelty free is a challenge! Can't wait to follow your transition :)
    Yikes, I did not know Arm&Hammer was not cruelty free. It's a bit shocking to see cat food on the list and yet it comes as no surprise (it's appalling to research pet food & rendering).
    btw do you have any recommendations for drugstore mascara? All the types I tried are too dry and I can't afford to buy luxury brands that are like $10+
    ♡ Dulce

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! Thanks. :)))
      It seems scary to just imagine food being tested on animals (for) animals. :/
      Hmmm, I actually don't use mascara but I will definitely do some research on good and affordable cruelty free makeup! :D

      Delete
    2. thank you!! I tried so many cruelty free brands and did not like any from the drugstore so I switched back to the mascara I was using before, which unfortunately, is not cruelty free :'(

      Delete
    3. Oh no! :<
      Don't worry; that actually happens a lot. It's difficult sometimes to find a certain brand that are better and at a decent price, but we'll find you a good one. :)

      Delete