25 April, 2016

Going Cruelty-Free: 2 ✾ Yendo Sin Crueldad: 2

 ENGLISH      ESPAÑOL

The First Upgrades.
Welcome! In the first edition of these posts, I went through the walk of shame listing non cruelty-free items I owned and would replace. Today I'll be showing three budget-friendly and cruelty-free body soaps from my current finds.

Tip #1: Get your Plan A, B, & C ready! Having at least three different options for some products is important; 1. Some stores are too far away & we need closer options 2. your skin does not become attached to the same product and 3. helps support several cruelty-free brands!



These were all found through deep scavenging in the beauty isles of stores. One is liquid body wash and two are soap bars. If you're more into liquid body wash, a good one is Kirkland Signature Natural Citrus Body Wash. I bought this for $1O in Costco and it comes with two 27 oz bottles. The scent is very fresh/tropical, making it perfect for the morning. Between two people, one bottle lasted three months (a little goes a long way). You can purchase it here online.







If you're like me and prefer an old-fashion bar of soap, then these last two are for you: Clearly Natural Pure Glycerin Soap (shown: Aloe Vera) and Nubian Heritage: Raw Shea Butter Soap (shown: Soy Milk, Frankincense & Myrrh) I bought them both in Walmart with the 3 pack of Clearly Natural costing $2.67 and one bar of Nubian Heritage soap for $3 on clearance (original price: $4). They also come in different scents and can be bought online.

Tip #2 : Take extra special care of soap bars by not overexposing them to water. Place behind shower doors/curtains and store in a clear bag or small container. Always put away after every use.

I've been using Nubian Heritage for a month and the bar is not even halfway done. This soap helps me sleep like a baby at night! The smell is therapeutic and peaceful. It also rejuvenates the skin. The body is left squeaky clean with a calming scent and no dry spots. Perfect for afternoon and night baths/ showers.

Clearly Natural in Aloe Vera makes me feel like a tween again! Back in those days, I used a cucumber and lime scented body wash that smells similar to this soap. Just like Nubian Heritage, this cleans and nourishes the skin wonderfully, but leaves me more awake and alert. This one is better for morning baths/ showers and is hypo-allergenic. :-)

Remember that new "Going Cruelty-Free" posts will be published twice a month where I share my transition, new cruelty-free discoveries, products, and experience with certain brands. Use the hashtag #SCAdi on Twitter & Instagram to share any questions or products you like. Also tag me (@Nosferadi) on them for a retweet!
Don't forget to join Vegetarian Courtesy!

 Twitter ✽ Facebook  Tumblr ✽ 



32 comments:

  1. Good post

    http://elegant-e.blogspot.com/
    https://www.instagram.com/elegant_e_blog/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello: fabulous beauty products. Great brand .. We keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, darling! Definitely will.
      hugs

      Delete
  3. Lovely post dear! Have a great week! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Have a good one too. :)

      Delete
  4. I love natural/organic soaps. Mmm, aloe vera sounds refreshing!
    ♡ Dulce

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The're the best!!
      By the way, around what price range are you looking for in mascara?

      Delete
    2. When I can't splurge, my budget is under $10.

      Delete
    3. Awesome! I've already got a small list going on. Hahaha

      Delete
  5. thanks for the recommendations, I definitely want to try the Aloe vera bar.
    x,Abril
    The Color Palette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Abril. The smell is so refreshing. :)

      Delete
  6. Yes, dear it is very delicious :D

    Great products! I really want to try this products :D

    NEW TIPS POST | Suggestions gifts for Mother's Day.
    InstagramFacebook Oficial PageMiguel Gouveia / Blog Pieces Of Me :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know it can be a lot of research

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, but very much worth it. :)

      Delete
  8. Great post Adi!
    I'm excited to follow you on this journey, and I am getting inspired by you.
    Much love,
    Mona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This means a lot to me, Mona! Thank you. :))
      Most things I find are not sold everywhere so I've got plenty of homework in exploring brands from other parts of the world.<3

      Delete
  9. Great tips!! awesome post <3 :)
    I've had some horrible accidents with soap/shampoo bars + water > A < your tips sound so genius!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!
      Same here; I am learning from my past mistakes. xD

      Delete
  10. Thanks a lot, my dear :d I hope have been useful :D

    NEW WOMAN TREND POST | Off The Shoulders.
    InstagramFacebook Oficial PageMiguel Gouveia / Blog Pieces Of Me :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your Mother's Day post really helped me out a lot, thank you! :D

      Delete
  11. This is such a great post! I've been planning on going cruelty-free, and it's always nice to see other blogger who are CF ♥
    Amy xx

    Little Moon Dragon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Amy! Let me know if you have any questions. :)

      Delete
  12. Thanks my dear :D

    NEW REVIEW POST | Novex: Brazilian Keratin - Ultra-deep Treatment.
    InstagramFacebook Oficial PageMiguel Gouveia / Blog Pieces Of Me :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Espero mas post de estos. Yo quiero inclinarme mas a una vida en pro d elos derechos de los animalitos :) besos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Por seguro van a ver más. :) Espera muchos buenos productos. (>^.^<)

      Delete
  14. I had no idea Kirkland was cruelty free, good to know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! They're at very decent prices for a lot of product.

      Delete

Leave a comment + Join the blog!