15 April, 2016

Jupiter's Junebug.


I used to be terrified of green junebugs as a little girl. My mom didn't have many animal companions other than farm animals growing up, so she would lightly tie a thin thread to a junebug's leg and "walk" them as they flew next to her; then she'd set them free. She always reminded me to not fear or attack what we don't understand.
Yo antes temía los mayate verdes. Mi mamá nunca tuvo muchos compañeros animales distintos los animales de granja cuando era pequeña, entonces amarraba una cuerda al pie de un mayate verde y lo "caminaba" mientras volaba a su lado; luego los dejaba ir libres. Ella siempre me hacía recordar que no deberíamos temer o atacar lo que no entendemos.

My mom/ Mi mamá, Yolanda. (May/ Mayo 1961) 

22 comments:

  1. Aww that's so sweet. I love the illustration and the lovely photo!
    Much love,
    Mona

    ReplyDelete
  2. Curioso el andador.
    Un saludito

    ReplyDelete
  3. ; w ; <3 that story was the sweetest thing ever! I can imagine it as a scene in a lovely movie.
    And that drawing is super adorable too!! I love pear juice :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!<3
      My mom has always inspired me to do better. :)
      Ps: I love pear juice, too! ^.^

      Delete
  4. Aw thats so cute! I wonder if our junebugs here are the same as yours!? I've never seen a green one before!

    Renee | Lose The Road

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Renee!
      Really? And I've only seen green ones. x)

      Delete
  5. Me parece una enseñanza maravillosa la de que no debemos temer ni atacar lo que no entendemos. Un besito preciosa. Y que tengas un feliz fin de semana!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muchas gracias, Luz. :)
      ¡Igualmente!<3

      Delete
  6. I love your beautful story!
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Tweedles. :)<3

      Delete
  7. I don't think I've ever seen a real live junebug!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The loud buzzing sound they make while flying is quite intimidating. x)

      Delete
  8. Your mom's story is real touching! ♡ I love the heart purse you illustrated.
    I used to be terrified of black crickets bc one time they swarmed me when I was little and thought they were attacking me (⊙﹏⊙) ... I eventually faced my fear and grew to like them.
    ♡ Dulce

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      Omgosh! :O They don't even know how scary they seem to us. Haha
      I'm glad you were able to face your fear, Dulce. :)

      Delete
  9. que bonita foto, tu mama se parece mucho a ti, tienen los mismos ojos!!
    x,Abril
    The Color Palette

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment + Join the blog!