10 June, 2016

Preparing Superfoods ☀ Prepara Superalimentos


 ENGLISH      ESPAÑOL

Vegetarianism is one of the simplest and affordable ways to live healthy. Once the basics on food are known, leaving meat consumption behind comes effortlessly. The largest source of vegetarian protein and iron are provided by legumes and tree nuts, but some beginners are unaware that they're still not receiving enough nutrients. Why is that?
image
Legumes and tree nuts contain an outer coating of enzyme inhibitors, a chemical that stores the nutrients for the plant and prevents premature sprouting. This basically means that the human body will not gain all the benefits possible because of this outer layer. Below is a chart I created that demonstrates the recommended time certain legumes and tree nuts must be left soaking in water to weaken the enzyme inhibitors and allow greater nutrient consumption. {Click to enlarge and save}
You can share this chart in order to help more people. :)
Don't forget to join Vegetarian Courtesy by clicking the button below!

  Twitter ✽ Facebook  Tumblr ✽ 

22 comments:

  1. I always take multivitamins just in case what I'm eating isn't up to par

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to take multivitamins but they kept me underweight and were actually stopping my body from taking in the nutrients in my food.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Muchas gracias por darle un vistazo.

      Delete
  3. Mind blown * . * wow!
    thanks for this information, Adi <3 ^-^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha yes!
      You're very welcome. :)

      Delete
  4. Fabulous chart Adi, thanks for sharing. I hope your doing well. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Shaheen. I'm doing wonderful! Have a lovely weekend.

      Delete
  5. What a good looking this recipe! I pointed it ... I have another follower older, go and follow my blog where it says (participate on this site) this link http://mibonitolugar.blogspot.com.es/ hope your visit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for visiting my blog!

      Delete
  6. Que buen gráfico! Muy buen post linda :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias, Cher. Eres simpática. :D

      Delete
  7. This chart is great, I am tweeting it now. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Glad you like it.

      Delete
  8. Buenisima la legumbre!!besos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias, Dezazu. Salieron ricas. :)

      Delete
  9. Thanks you so much, sweet friend :D

    I really love this tree nuts. Super healthy :D

    NEW TIPS POST | How To Organize your Closet.
    InstagramFacebook Oficial PageMiguel Gouveia / Blog Pieces Of Me :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome, Miguel!
      They're so delicious + they fill you up fast.

      Delete
  10. Mis post favoritos son cuando hablas de vegetarianismo porque siempre informan mucho. Gracias por los consejos
    x,Abril
    The Color Palette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muchas gracias por contarme, Abril. Lo agradesco mucho. :)

      Delete
  11. Thank you soooo much! I'm impatient and never soak anything long enough, so I'll keep this in mind :D
    ♡ Dulce

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome!<3
      It's one of those meals you must plan in advance. :)

      Delete

Leave a comment + Join the blog!