28 July, 2016

Going Cruelty Free: 5 ✾ Yendo Sin Crueldad: 5


 ENGLISH      ESPAÑOL

I accidentally bought a product that's tested on animals!

The unintentional sin from cruelty-free living: buying a product that's not vegan and/ or is tested on animals. With so many beauty and home products in the market, it's difficult to find 1OO% cruelty-free and properly effective supplies that'll get the job done. Not to mention brands that use specific names to make them seem more natural and eco-friendly. If not careful, anyone can slip into these traps.

Tip #1: Not all 1OO% cruelty-free brands have the label or sticker that says so. Always search the testing policies and ingredients of certain brands before buying.

So what happens if one of these misleading products are bought? A couple of things can be done:
1. Return the item with the receipt of purchase and get money back.
2. Exchange for a 1OO% cruelty-free product.
3. Continue using it or give to someone else.
The last option is basically the last resort and mostly happens once the product has been used for a while or the receipt is lost. Most places let you exchange the product if you don't have the receipt, but in case they don't then option three is also implied. Besides, it would be a waste of product to just throw away, regardless of the fact that it's not cruelty-free. One valuable lesson learned for next time!

Tip #2: Store your receipts in envelopes labeled by months. This will make the task of getting a refund on unwanted products quick and simpler.
image
Remember that new "Going Cruelty-Free" posts will be published twice a month where I share my transition, new cruelty-free discoveries, products, and experience with certain brands. Use the hashtag #SCAdi on Twitter & Instagram to share any questions or products you like. Also tag me (@Nosferadi) on them for a retweet!
Don't forget to join Vegetarian Courtesy!


 Twitter ✽ Facebook  Tumblr  

21 comments:

  1. Great post Adi! What cruelty-free brands do you suggest?

    Renee | Life After Lux

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kirkland Signature has really good products at fair prices. :)
      For nail polish I like Forever 21 + Wet n Wild.
      Shea Moisture has good beauty products too but you have to be careful with them. Although they don't test on animals, some of their products are not vegan or vegetarian/ have animal by-products. :(
      And for a good bath bomb, I like the vegan ones from Lush!

      Delete
  2. They have all kinds of ways of getting around saying things are not tested on animals. As you say, it's not easy but anything sold in a vegan shop is usually the best bet.
    I love your cruelty free blogger badge, I hope you don't mind if I take it and display it on my blog?
    Thanks, Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are many shops like that around my area so its made things a little easier. :)
      I actually got the badge code from the cruelty free kitty blog!-> http://www.crueltyfreekitty.com/cruelty-free-101/cruelty-free-bloggers/

      Delete
  3. I've been thinking about researching cruelty free products for awhile now. I had no idea Wet & Wild was - I have a ton of their products so I'm happy to know that I supported a great company.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's really good!
      I love their nail polishes; I'm thinking about doing a nail tutorial with their products. :)

      Delete
  4. I love Urban Decay eye shadow and Barry M nail vanish, not sure if you get them where you are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They both have a great assortment of amazing colors!

      Delete
  5. aww yeah :(
    I've figured that one of the most important things is to be able to forgive yourself for making mistakes.

    It's not too easy to return cosmetics in our country -so I just use "my mistakes" and try to be better next time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some things are a bit harder to return here, too! I've gone through the same thing. hahah

      Delete
  6. Adi love this post and I am starting to switch to cruelty free products starting from my makeup. Thank you for the tips!

    XOXO - Lovingrose_

    New Post: http://lovingrosestyle.blogspot.com/2016/07/june-2016-lookbook.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That's really good to hear. :D

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I may use the products tasted on animals!
    I have to investigate them!!
    Thank you for sharing this great information, Adi!

    akiko

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Double check to always make sure! ^.^

      Delete
  9. I've had some of these slips in the past as well, but no one is perfect!

    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same; it gets frustrating but I end up learning. hahaha

      Delete
  10. Oh no, it would be so much easier if the labels were more explicit. Thanks for sharing your experience, always love reading all the tips you provide!
    ♡ Dulce

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I loathe how discreet they can get with it. >_>
      No problem, Dulce!

      Delete