13 July, 2016

The Gym Essentials ☆ Esenciales para Gimnasio


 ENGLISH      ESPAÑOL

I've been the biggest oddball in gyms until recently changing to a new one. Gyms can be intimidating for beginners and it takes the right gym to know that it suits your energy/ personality. Once you've found that place, the next step is knowing what to take with you. Here's what I take to give some ideas on the 1O basic essentials.
(I always go dressed in my workout clothes to not waste time in the locker. I wear fitness leggings, sports bra, a basic t-shirt, and running shoes; nothing fancy.)

Tip #1: Most gyms provide towels but you can always take your own. Two-three towels are good. One for wiping the sweat, one for cleaning/ sitting on machines, and one for the shower.

1. Shampoo and Conditioner. (You can buy travel-size containers in most stores or online)
2. One clean pair of undergarments (bra, socks, undies).
3. Light, comfortable Top & Bottom to change into.
4. Soap/ Body Wash (*optional)
5. Facial Scrub/ Soap (*optional) & Deodorant
6. Bathing Suit (*optional)
7. Lock and Key. (Tip #2)
8. MP3/ iPod & earphones
9.Water Bottle.
1O. Sandals.

Tip #2: Some gyms have their own shampoo, conditioner, and body wash for members to use and rent lockers monthly. If you prefer using your own products and/ or not rent a locker, then bring along items 1, 4, and 7.

Tip #3: If you have health medications, bring them along in small, labeled travel containers.

Don't forget to join Vegetarian Courtesy!

 Twitter ✽ Facebook  Tumblr ✽ 

29 comments:

  1. I've never seen a gym give out towels but mine has soap in the shower. Though I often bring my own just incase

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gold's Gym and YMCA provide towels, but Gold's Gym only gives you two whereas YMCA lets you choose.

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much dear friend :D You're incredible <3

    Great sellection. You look so comfy :D

    NEW PERSONAL POST | Daily Skin Care Routine.
    InstagramFacebook Oficial PageMiguel Gouveia / Blog Pieces Of Me :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are! :3
      Thank you; comfy and stylish are the best.

      Delete
  3. Loved reading this. Please check out my latest post on how to style a double bun!

    Kisses xo | From Aliona With Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will see it right now. :)

      Delete
  4. Great list! Thank you for posting.
    http://www.maggiekrol.com/tick-tock/
    Xoxo, Maggie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad that you like it, Maggie. :)

      Delete
  5. The gym I recently visited give out some BIG towels. I haven't checked whether they have shampoo / conditioner inside the shower. Then I tried to run with treadmill and failed. :p

    But I'm more a field or park person for sport needs. I'm super outdoor-sy. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here with the towels!
      Oh my goodness I know what you mean! I feel so awkward on the treadmill around people. >.>

      The gym I go to actually has an indoor track so it's pretty fun! What are your favorite outdoor sports? Mine are soccer and badminton.

      Delete
    2. Yeaa! To do the treadmill and people are...there. It's just...NOPE.

      Indoor track would be nice on rainy days! :D I like badminton, too! And I also love 'kasti', it's a baseball for girls, in Indonesia.

      Delete
  6. such cute flatlay pics! loving the bathing suit >w<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! It's one of my very first attempts. x)
      I got the bathing suit in the kid section at Target!

      Delete
  7. Awesome tips! I've never been to a gym, I always chicken out, haha. Those flip flops are sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sarah! I've always been that way too, but my husband gives me the motivation to keep going. hahaha
      Thank you!<3

      Delete
  8. Muito obrigado minha querida :D Fico super feliz por teres gostado <3

    NEW FASHION POST | Women Trend Alert: Vests.
    InstagramFacebook Oficial PageMiguel Gouveia / Blog Pieces Of Me :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. ¡me parece un post tan bonito! Tienes mucha razón, todo eso que pusiste se debería de llevar al gym, yo nadamas voy a correr así que nunca olvido mi bote de agua :D saludos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias, querida. :)
      Jajaja eso es muy bien; también me gusta correr.

      Delete
  10. Such a wonderful post! Thank you so much for sharing. You have a lovely blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by, Linda!

      Delete
  11. What a lovely gym essentials!!
    I will bring my favorite towel next time :)

    akiko

    ReplyDelete
  12. Un post muy útil!!!
    FELIZ SEMANA
    besos
    http://stylishpatterns.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias, Ale. :)
      Pásala muy bien.<3

      Delete
  13. Oh, this swimsuit is perfection!

    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kati!
      It's from the girl section at Target. ^.^

      Delete
  14. Tu si que vas preparada al gym. Yo si acaso llevo mis guantes para entrenar haha. Ya voy vestida y de regreso en mi casa me ducho. Creo que nunca he visitado el bano de mi gym
    x,Abril

    The Color Palette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No me gusta olvidarme de nada. jajaja :)
      Es más mejor ya ir vestida!

      Delete