10 August, 2016

A New Chapter ✍ Un Nuevo Capítulo


 ENGLISH      ESPAÑOL

With over seven years of vegetarianism under my belt you'd think a girl would learn. The truth is that I began this lifestyle with zero knowledge on what vegetarians eat and what items they do and don't shop for. I had just turned sixteen and the only thing that kept me alive was my culture of beans, rice, and lentils (not joking).  I soon realized though that the majority of the food I grew up eating was vegetarian.

The answers are everywhere, it's just about looking for them. Whatever the obstacle is, don't give up! I know vegetarianism can be difficult at first but the new things you learn bring ease to the lifestyle. I'm no guru or exotic, magical being that knows everything about vegetarianism, but I've learned to make this lifestyle much easier on myself. Hopefully everyone else gets to enjoy vegetarianism as much as I do with both its good and bad moments.
Don't forget to join Vegetarian Courtesy!

 Twitter ✽ Facebook  Tumblr  

14 comments:

  1. I know several vegetarians. I admire them and think about how hard it is to eat that way when so many others are meat eaters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can get pretty challenging sometimes; especially when eating at new restaurants!

      Delete
  2. Dear Adi
    I have been a vegetarian since my 19th birthday. A lifetime ago. It was not easy at the beginning because of (1) my lack of knowledge and (2) lack of adequate vegetarian options at the grocery store. I learned to read labels and to rely more on my ability to cook from scratch. It is much easier now. That said, I think being a vegetarian takes commitment and patience. Good for you for realizing this early.
    Love Noodles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. It's not until now that I've started to really get the hang of it and began to eat/ shop better. Thank you so much for sharing a piece of your vegetarian journey.<3

      Delete
  3. Gracias guapa :D

    Estoy de acuerdo con lo que dices. No podemos bajar los brazos en em primer obstáculo. Hay que insistir para que las cosas van por buenos camiños!

    NEW TIPS POST | How To Keep Your Make Up For Longer.
    InstagramFacebook Oficial PageMiguel Gouveia / Blog Pieces Of Me :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias a ti, Miguel. :)

      Eres muy lindo y me entiendes bien! Hay luchas en la vida y no deberíamos dejar que nos ganen.

      Delete
  4. I've been one since I was about 7

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been under the weather recently, so not visiting and commenting on many blog. Hope your well. This is a lovely and honest post, as a long term vegetarian I now feel I am on a journey to veganism, but don't know if I will ever get there.
    PS noted your lovely link in side bar to the VegHog, so cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you're feeling much better! Sending you lots of positive vibes.<3 Everything is well here, thank you. :)
      And I'm glad you understand. The transition to a new lifestyle always has obstacles but when you really want something, you can accomplish it.
      Thank you so much!

      Delete
  6. Seven years, that's impressive! It's been three years for me. It actually wasn't a huge change becoming vegetarian, since I wasn't a big fan of meat in the first place. But it definitely is challenging at restaurants and events sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You're lucky!! Hahaha
      Restaurants are still a little tough sometimes; I always try to find an online menu first.

      Delete