27 June, 2012

If you could, would you?

Picture found on: fybabysloths.tumblr.com

Baby animals are some of the most irresistable creatures anyone has seen! Many people only wish of having pet tigers, elephants, eagles, and many others. I myself am a large sucker for baby sloths! So when it comes down to it, if the animal is small enough, people will most likely want to own one. These animals are known as "exotic" pets. Humainley though, I do not believe that it is a good idea if they are animals that live in wild habitats (Read my blog post on pets for further information: Some animals just shouldn't be pets). Even if someone offered me a baby sloth, I would not accept the little one because I have no right to take them out of their natural home and into a cage. With that being said, the questions are: Have you ever wished of having a wild animal as a pet? And if you could have any animal as a pet, would you take them? Feel free to comment and share your opinions or share stories similar on the subject!

6 comments:

  1. Awww he's so cute! :)

    I'd rather live in a wild animal's natural habitat and play with them than keeping them imprisoned in my home. A home in a sanctuary/nature preserve would be nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree! Like get a home near the wild parts of Australia near the trees where sloths like to roam. :)

      Delete
  2. i agree, i dont think exotic pets like this should be kept in an unnatural environment like the home. I have always wanted to adopt a bunny from the human society. they're not exotic, but they are so adorable :P

    Check me out!
    calurvillade.blogspot.com
    Paolina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment! I had a bunny once when I was very young. We mostly kept him in a cage, but I liked him being out of it more often. :)
      If you do decide to adopt one, I recommend you potty train them, that way they can walk around the house and not make a mess every where. I know some people who do that with their rabbits.

      I checked out your blog by the way and I'm following it now!

      Delete
  3. That baby sloth is sooo cute! I wouldn't want one as a pet though. I've only ever adopted and re-homed rescue pets (including 2 giant African land snails - do they count as exotic?!) and would never pay for a pet (as I think that encourages over breeding).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think giant African land snails are very adorable actually. I had kept two regular garden snails as pets once, but just by looking at the little habitat I made for them I realized that they were made to live outdoors, and so I let them go free.

      Delete

Leave a comment + Join the blog!