04 August, 2013

Beans!

Growing your own fruits and vegetables is always a great experience. Are you a beginner at gardening but don't know where to begin? Try planting a bean!
I planted a black bean about three weeks ago using wet napkins instead of soil.

I learned about the napkin method from old elementary school projects. I recently started my summer vacation and had nothing to do. 

Before moving into an apartment I grew fruits and vegetables in my backyard garden. I've wanted to start growing plants for a while now, so I finally decided to start again, but this time with something smaller. Yesterday I decided to transfer the plant onto soil.

I gently cleaned the roots to make sure that pieces of wet napkin didn't stay stuck on them. I cut the top of an empty water bottle and filled half with wet soil. Then I placed the plant inside and filled up the rest of the bottle with more soil.

Lastly, I patted down the soil to have a sturdy texture and placed the plant back on my balcony.

Beans are great to grow for beginning gardeners and/ or for people who don't know what to start planting. 

I'm always amazed by how something like plants, fruits, vegetables, and legumes can grow out of such tiny seeds.

Have you ever planted any seeds or beans before? Feel free to share your gardening stories in the comment box below!

3 comments:

  1. I haven't ever plant beans before by the looks of this it seems like a fun activity to do! I should try it in the near future! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful idea! I grow as much as possible! Totally the way forward! My sunflowers have finally started opening up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!
    This is the number one project everyone is assigned to do at school in Hungary! :)

    xoxo, Eszter
    http://kukolina.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment + Join the blog!