18 October, 2013

Vegetarian Myth #5: Vegetarians eat chicken & seafood.

Welcome to Vegetarian Myth Fridays! Today's blogisode has one of the most common myths believed by omnivores & some new vegetarians as well: vegetarians eat chicken and fish. This is a very simple myth to debunk because (believe this or not), vegetarianism has a broader choice of lifestyles than what you may think. 
First thing's first, vegetarians do NOT eat chicken or fish/ seafood. They are still animals and can feel, regardless of what some people believe. The brain capacity of an animal is also no excuse to make them a food exception. Secondly, only pescatarians eat seafood, but they do NOT eat chicken.

I have a list on the different type of vegetarian lifestyles there are in case you're wondering what vegetarians can and can't eat. For example, vegetarians that drink dairy milk & eat eggs are lacto-ovo vegetarians. To see the complete list with information on each type, click HERE.

Consider this vegetarian myth DEBUNKED! Like seeing vegetarian myths get solved? Stay tuned for next Fridays vegetarian myth! And feel free to share this post as well.

Know of any vegetarian myths that you want to see debunked? Comment and let me know! :)

Want to read past vegetarian myths? Click on the links below:

Make the most out of this Friday!

4 comments:

  1. Great post!! I have met people that try to tell me that they are vegetarians when they still eat fish, and I'm like "NO your a pescatarian NOT a vegetarian." and some still don't get it. lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me about it; I agree with you completely because I too have encountered people like that. hahah

      Delete
  2. I get really annoyed being asked if I eat fish, after I've told people I'm vegetarian...thanks for posting this reminder to those who don't realise that fish are animals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that you like it; I have felt your frustrations too. :)

      Delete

Leave a comment + Join the blog!