23 June, 2014

Can vegetarianism cause lactose intolerance?

Eating things with dairy milk but don't drink some by itself? Can that affect the way your body reacts if you decide to drink it again? Depends on your immune system and how long you've gone without a glass of milk.

There are cases where vegetarians and vegans become lactose intolerant after excluding dairy milk from their food. This happens because the body has gone so long without it, that being introduced again causes your body confusion and shock. The most common symptom is upset stomach.

"Wait, but I don't feel that when I eat things like chocolate or milkshakes!" That's because the milk content is not as strong. There are other ingredients which make the effects little to none. Before vegetarianism, I was able to drink a glass of milk everyday and feel completely fine. However, after five and a half years without it, a small sip of dairy milk gives me stomach pain. I can eat things that include milk, but I can't have it by itself or in cereal.

"Wait!! Is that even a good thing?!?!?" Well, let's think about it. What is really in dairy milk? If you've done some research, you'll know that there is puss, hormones, blood, bacteria, and more. The vitamin D contained in dairy milk actually RUINS your system from absorbing nutrients in the future. When we're young and drink dairy milk, our bodies grow accustomed because we've never had anything else. The damage starts showing when we get older, and it is NOT because of old age. Many people with osteoporosis have been heavy dairy milk consumers. Why do their bones weaken? Because as I stated above, the vitamin D in dairy milk causes the body to absorb less and less nutrients. If you switch to something like almond milk, your body will definitely feel the difference!

Have you felt a difference after switching from dairy milk to non-dairy milk? Do you still drink dairy milk? Let me know in the comment box below, my guppies! You never know who you can help. :) If you still drink dairy milk, give yourself the challenge of going two to three weeks without it. Buy a milk alternative and see how you feel afterward. Remember, the body gets used to something new after 11 days!
Good luck!♥

6 comments:

  1. You are very very wise,,, my mommy loves milkshakes!
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So are you, my friend. :)
      That's awesome! My favorite are chocolate shakes.<3

      Delete
  2. I can't drink dairy milk, but I'm fine with yogurt and cheese. I still do get strange looks for drinking black tea though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same. We all have our own likes and dislikes. :)

      Delete
  3. This is so useful, I was concerned about my stomach pain I was getting after drinking milk. Thank you so much xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad this was able to help you! Hope you find the perfect lactose-free milk for you!

      Delete

Leave a comment + Join the blog!