11 February, 2015

Rotten Valentine Medecine.

Never received a Valentine card? Always been alone that day? Feeling the annoyance of lovebirds expressing their utmost cheesiness to one another in public? What's a girl (or guy) to do?! Who am I to talk, right? Yeah I'm married, but even I have had my fair share of rotten Valentine's. I was once dumped the day before Valentine's Day and I tore my knee open on the first Valentine's Day with my husband (boyfriend at the time) by tripping over uneven pavement. So here are some great things to consider for a not-so-rotten Valentine's Day!

1. We all have a purpose. The situation your life is in right now is there for a reason, and you hold the key to which direction it goes. Happiness can bring you amazing things and people, while stress and a short temper will only bring an assortment of negativity. So act wisely!


2. Do not despise the happiness of others. Everything I write will correlate back to point 1. You don't need to be with someone to feel happy. Maybe in time, but enjoy the freedom you have now. I know how it feels to be alone, but I didn't waste it by being a negative-Nancy. I enjoyed being with my friends and adored the beauty of alone time! If you also have a positive mindset that someone will come into the picture when the time is right, it will happen. :)


3. Cleanse out the anger. If it helps, you can share your worst Valentine's day stories here. Or, you can write them on a paper and read out loud to yourself. The past can only hurt you if you allow it, so say goodbye to any grudges and accept that good things are just waiting to happen to you!




ACTIVITIES!
This all depends on what you love to do, but here are some of my favorites:
1. Draw your favorite things and take your time with the details. Nothing feels better than accomplishing something that you made yourself.
2. Bake a cake of your favorite flavor (or) make some yummy cupcakes. :9
3. Watch your favorite scary movies. Halloween in February? Yes, please!
4. Give yourself a pampering day. Take a hot bath, paint your nails, enjoy a lovely diy face mask, and appreciate the beauty.
5. Write down all the things you wish to accomplish in life and keep it somewhere visible for you to see. Get motivated to live life to the fullest!

I hope everyone has an amazing Valentine's Day. I'm not sure what I'll be doing yet, but I have somewhat of an idea. Do you have any plans ready? Feel free to share your plans or rotten Valentine's Day stories in the comment box below!




Medicina para San Valentín podrido.
¿Nunca has recibido una tarjeta de San Valentín? ¿Siempre estas sola(o) ese día? ¿Sientes molesta(o) cuando miras dos amantes expresando el amor mas cursi en publico? ¿Que puede hacer una dama (o hombre)?! Quien soy yo para hablar, ¿verdad? Si, estoy casada, pero hasta yo e tenido mi parte justa de San Valentín podridos. Un novio me dejo el día antes de San Valentín, y me rompí la rodilla en el primer San Valentín con mi marido (novio en el tiempo) por tropezarme sobre pavimento irregular. ¡Aquí hay algunas cosas geniales de pensar para no tener un San Valentín tan podrido!

1. Todos tenemos un propósito. La situación que tiene tu vida ahorita es por una razón, y tu tienes la llave para cual dirección va. Felicidad te puede traer cosas y personas asombrosas, mientras el estrés y un mal genio solo traerá negatividad surtida. ¡Así actúa con sabiduría!

2. No desprecies la felicidad de otros. Todo lo que escribo va correlacionarse con el punto 1. Tu no necesitas estar con alguien para sentirte feliz. Ala mejor en tiempo, pero disfruta la libertad que tienes horita. Yo se como se siente estar sola, pero no me gaste el tiempo siendo negativa. Disfrute estar con mis amigas y adore la belleza de tiempo sola! Si tu también tienes una mentalidad positiva que alguien va entrar en tu vida cuando el tiempo este bien, pasará. :)

3. Limpia el coraje. Si ayuda, puedes compartir las historias de tu peor San Valentín aquí. O, puedes escribirlos en un papel y léelo con voz alta a tu misma(o). El pasado nomas te puede hacer daño si lo dejas, ¡así dile adiós a todos los rencores y acepta que cosas buenas están a la espera de pasar a ti!


¡ACTIVIDADES!
Esto depende todo en lo que tu amas hacer, pero aquí están algunos de mis favoritos:
1. Dibuja tus cosas favoritas y toma tu tiempo en los detalles. Nada se siente mejor que lograr en algo que hiciste tu mismo.
2. Hornea un pastel de tu sabor favorito (o) has unos cupcakes sabrosos. :9
3. Mira tus películas favoritas de terror. ¿Día de espantos en Febrero? ¡Si, por favor!
4. Date un día de mimos. Tomate un baño caliente, píntate las uñas, disfruta una mascarilla de piel, y aprecia la belleza.
5. Escribe todas las cosas que quieras lograr en tu vida y ponlo en un lugar donde lo puedas ver. ¡Motívate a vivir tu vida toda entera!

Ojalá que todos tengan un día de San Valentín asombroso. Todavía no estoy segura de lo que yo voy hacer, pero tengo una idea. ¿Ya tienes un plan listo? ¡No dudes en compartir tus planes o historias de San Valentín podridos en la caja de comentarios abajo!


Twitter  Google+ ✽ Tumblr  Pinterest ✽ Instagram

22 comments:

  1. Those are some great suggestions.
    Are you really married? I thought you were about 18.
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. :) And yes, I am married. I'm 22 years old. Hahaha
      But I always get confused for looking much younger.

      Delete
  2. Such great ideas for the Valentines day!
    Love it!
    Thanks so much for your adorable comments on my blog, always make my day! xoxo ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you think so. :) And you're welcome! I love your blog. :3

      Delete
  3. Wow.. this is a wonderful post!! Your very wise,,, wise... wise!
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do have a partner but i always celebrate or spent my valentines day with my friends and family! and tomorrow ill be dating my dearest friend. but this is such a great post! love the hair!

    keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Friends are always great company. Have fun this Saturday!
      And thank you, c:

      Delete
  5. First of all, I have to say that your glasses are amazing
    and that they look wonderful on you.
    And secondly, thank you for this post - I am so happy for everyone who has found a loving partner, but it can be hard sometimes to be alone on Valentine's Day when everyone around you is spending it with
    their boy-/girlfriends, I will probably just spend a normal Saturday with my family, go outside and do some work for my blog. And try to ignore the romantic movies on TV ;)

    dearmisscoco.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. :)
      And that's exactly why I put horror movies. Hahaha
      Lovey-dovey movies can be too much to handle on that day.

      Delete
  6. Así me gusta Positiva!!!!! anda que vaya San valentines has tenido... para mi es el día del amor en general, familia, amigos, hijos y pareja..... lo vamos a celebrar llendo a comer a nuestro restaurante favorito mis peques, mi marido y yo :) Y de las actividades esa de darte un dia de mimos me encanta jejejejej

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Así deve de hacer. :) Yo pienso que es lindo celebrar este día con la familia. Ojalá que tu y tu familia se la pasen bien.<3

      Delete
  7. Such a great post! I love your heartshaped hair :D

    In my country Valentine's Day is called "Friends' Day" and it's not advertised as a romantic day. Of course some people are influenced by the idea of the "couple's day". I've always loved Valentine's day because I've always seen it as a happy day to spend with my beloved friends.

    This year I spent my Valentine's first shopping with a lovely friend of mine then at home with my boyfriend who is also my bff :)

    Hope you had a wonderful Valentine's day too <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) I think it's better for it to be called "Friend's Day" because it makes a lot of people feel bad that they don't have a significant other. Everyone should be happy.<3

      Sounds like you had a great time. :) My husband was working so I spent it as a pampering type of day. ~.o

      Delete
  8. That is some great advice! I especially like the baking a cake idea. I'm actually so thankful because I never celebrated Valentines Day (not a custom in my country) so I never get all the emotions associated with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.<3 I love the fact that my husband and I aren't big on Valentine's Day. It's a little custom in my home country but I just saw it as something cheesy. I do, however, like the decorations. Hahaha

      Delete
  9. I was skating in evening lights in one of the biggest icerinks in Europe) Alone - but with my music... So, it was quiet a nice evening. And you are so pretty in this spectacles!

    Maggie from
    http://secretpassageinthebilberrypay.blogspot.ru/2015/02/will-you.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Look like you had a wonderful time; and thank you. :)

      Delete
  10. aww this is great. you're wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amen to all of these points! There's always something good to celebrate even if things are crappy in general. I just like that Valentine's Day is a break from the norm. It can just be a day of loving yourself if you want too!
    Getting dumped before Valentine's day is awful. I'm sorry that happened to you! I hope this year's was a good one.

    Jamie | PetitePanoply.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There definitely is a reason to pamper and live yourself whenever possible! :)
      I actually think back to that break up and think it was pretty funny because the security guard from a shop nearby gave me a rose after he found out. Hahaha
      And this Valentine's Day was very chill and lovely.

      Delete

Leave a comment + Join the blog!