18 June, 2015

Vegetarian Sweet Tooth.

 photo IMG_0311_zpszrjgyllm.png




Beginning vegetarians should become aware that not all candies are acceptable. No thanks to gelatin, certain colorings, and beef fat/shortening, many sweets are restricted in vegetarian and vegan lifestyles. This made me scavenge through all of my favorite treats, hoping that the best ones were safe. Although disappointed at Hostess and Paleta Payaso for adding beef fat &/or gelatin to what were once mouth-watering pastries, I was excited to discover other childhood favorites to be vegan! Here's my top 5 list of vegetarian (& vegan) goodies in no particular order:

1. Snickers. I'll admit, Snickers have been my #1 chocolate since first taste. Thank goodness these babies are vegetarian friendly!

2. Mazapan. A childhood favorite of mine from Mexico. Since these are peanut-based candies, you'll want to have a glass of water at hand to quench your thirst. My second best discovery when it came to the mazapan is that they're vegan. Although a Mexican candy, these can be found in the U.S.

3. Ferrero Rocher. Honestly, certain chocolates like these and Snickers are the only reason I can't become vegan. Ferrero Rocher are also the sweets that sparked my loving fuse with hazelnut *cough* Nutella..

4. Gansito. Who needs Hostess cakes when you can have a Gansito? These have a vegetarian/vegan gelatin filling alternative, but the pastry itself is not suitable for vegans. Just like Mazapanes, Gansito is a Mexican product that can also be found in many U.S markets.

5. Chips Ahoy! My FAVORITE cookie! Normally I prefer soft, chewy cookies, but classic Chips Ahoy! are the only non-chewy cookie I adore with a passion beyond words. Sometimes, I like to heat them up for a couple of seconds so that the chips can slightly melt.

6. CarlosV. How could I not love these chocolates? Considered the king of all chocolate bars in Mexico, my first memory of eating a CarlosV was at my aunt's house in Nayarit and I was sitting next to her Dalmatian while enjoying my chocolate. Sometimes I still go to the super market to just get one.


So tell me, which are your top six goodies?

image
Diente Dulce Vegetariano.
 photo IMG_0312_zpszqp83l8i.png




Vegetarianos principiantes deben tomar de consentía que no todos los dulces son aceptables. No gracias a la gelatina, ciertos colorantes, y grasa de carne/ manteca, muchos dulces están restringidos en la vida de vegetarianos y veganos. Esto me hico mirar todos mis dulces favoritos con la esperanza que los mejores eran seguros. Aunque fui decepcionada por Hostess y Paleta Payaso por añadir grasa de animal y manteca a lo que antes eran pasteles delicioso, ¡descubrí que otros favoritos desde mi infancia son vegano! Aquí esta mi top 6 lista de dulces vegetarianos (y vegano).







1. Snickers. Admito, Snickers han sido mi chocolate #1 desde la primera probada. ¡Que bueno que estos bebés son vegetarianos!

2. Mazapán. Un favorito desde mi infancia de México. Por ser dulce de cacahuate, necesitaras un vaso de agua para que no te de sed . Mi segundo mejor descubrimiento es que son veganos.

3. Ferrero Rocher. Honestamente, chocolates como estos y Snickers son la razón de que no soy vegana. Ferrero Rocher  también es el chocolate que empezó mi amor por las avellanas (Nutella)..

4. Gansito. ¿Quién neccesita Hostess cuando puedes tener un Gansito? Estos tienen un relleno de fresa vegetariana/ vegano pero el pastelito entero no es para veganos. 

5. Chips Ahoy! ¡Mi galleta FAVORITA! Normalmente, yo prefiero galletas con textura suave, pero los Chips Ahoy! clásicos son las únicas galletas que adoro (que no sean suaves/ correosos) con una pasión más allá de palabras. Algunas veces, me gusta calentarlas por un poco de segundos para que los chocolates se derritan.

6. CarlosV. ¿Como no puedo amar estos chocolates? Considerado el rey de barras de chocolate en México, Mi primer memoria de comiendo un CarlosV fue en la casa de mi tía en Nayarit y estuve sentada al lado de su Dálmata mientras que yo disfrutaba mi chocolate. Todavía hay veces que voy al súper mercado para agarrar uno.


Entonces dime, ¿cuáles dulces son tu top seis?


Twitter  Google+ ✽ Tumblr  Pinterest ✽ Instagram

20 comments:

  1. I don't think a lot of people know about the gelatin in sweets. I know I was horrified to discover they were in my favourite ones and just couldn't eat them any more once I knew.
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so dissappointing. Can you believe I found peanuts yesterday that contained gelatin?!

      Delete
  2. Very informative. It's true that being a vegetarian means giving up a lot of childhood favorites. I am also a habitual label reader searching for hidden no-nos.
    Also gracias for the heads-up on some wonderful Mexican dulces. Where I live in California, all of these mentioned are regular items on the grocery shelf. How lucky we are!
    Love Noodles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Noodles' mommies. :)
      I can't believe how many things aren't vegetarian friendly when it comes to pastries and treats.
      Hahaha we are very lucky! I don't know what I'd do without my CarlosV!

      Delete
  3. Oooh I definitely love snickers, and chips ahoy have always been some of my favorite cookies. I could really go for some right now! Hmm..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could go for some right now too, with a cold glass of yummy almond milk. :9

      Delete
  4. I avoid consuming refined sugar, so I don't really eat candy anymore. However, I do eat Tofutti ice cream sandwiches regularly for dessert. I LOVE gingins but I haven't had any in forever! Ring Pops were my favorite but they're like pure sugar so I don't eat them anymore. Oh, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups were also a favorite but they're not vegan. Fortunately there's a local vegan bakery where I like to get chocolate peanut butter cups and other goodies whenever I'm craving :)

    ♡ Dulce

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've actually cut down a lot compared to a couple of months back. I'll have to try some Toffutti ice cream sandwiches and gingins. :) I have a ring pop saved in my coat right now. Hahahah
      and a vegan chocolate peanut butter cup sounds heavenly.<333

      Delete
  5. Yes,, snickers and chips a hoy for sure!
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can't top these babies! Hahah

      Delete
  6. Ow me antojaste todos esos dulces, me encantan!! Te haré mi top 6

    1. Picafresas: Esos dulcesitos pequeños, que son como bolitas que en el interior tienen una gomita dulce pero su exterior es gomita picante pero igual dulce ñam me encantan.

    2.Chicles: Puedo comer chicles todo el tiempo y no me canso xd

    3. Coincido contigo en el mazapan, un dulce delicioso pero muy seco y difícil de comer sin que se te rompa, pero delicioso.

    4. No soy muy chocolatera pero igual que tu amo el Carlos V

    5. Hay un dulce en forma de tamalito, que es como tamarindo picante y dulce... ay me encanta *-*

    6. Creo que el ultimo sería el pelon pelon rico, no se si se llama así pero también es tamarindo acidito dulce y rico

    Como veras, mis gustos son más aciditos y picantes, pero la verdad me inclino a cualquier sabor, amo los dulces. Me gusto mucho tu post :) besooos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me encantan todos esos también. :9
      Amo los dulces de tamarindo y pelón pelón rico son unos de mis favoritos de niñez.<33

      Delete
  7. Great post :)
    Marzipan is one of my favourites too!
    xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sammy. They're so delicious!

      Delete
  8. Los mazapanes son un dulce navideño aquí en España. Son diferentes a los de México pero también necesitas un vaso de agua ya que son muy densos.
    Un beso!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yo no sabia eso. Ahorita los buscaré. :)

      Delete
  9. I'm always shocked and saddened when I discover things I love that aren't vegetarian. I'm a big twinkie fan and recently discovered those weren't vegetarian...so saaaad! Thanks for this little list, i'm going to bookmark it and come back to it when my sweet tooth calls. ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to love twinkles too! I've heard of vegan twinkles though, but I have yet to try them.
      And thank you! ^.^<3

      Delete
  10. Lovely post! It's really important! Marzipan is my favorite C:

    Maggie from
    http://secretpassageinthebilberrypay.blogspot.ru/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. :)
      They're so delicious.<33

      Delete

Leave a comment + Join the blog!