26 May, 2016

Going Cruelty-Free: 3 ✾ Yendo Sin Crueldad: 3


 ENGLISH      ESPAÑOL

Giving Facial Soaps Another Chance.

In this third Going Cruelty-Free post, I'll be writing a quick review on my new favorite facial soap. If you've been around the blog for a while, then you know about my temporary struggle with cystic acne that was made worse through facial soaps and scrubs. After not using any for a year and a half and letting my skin naturally heal, I decided to try something new.

Tip #1: Don't use facial soaps every day, instead, about two-three times a week and at night. Night time is best because all the dirt from the day will be washed off and the dryness goes away faster since the body naturally produces oils even while you sleep.

Shea Moisture was mentioned in the previous G.C.F post but they also make facial soaps! I've been using their African Black Soap for over six months and this is by far the best soap for any skin type. Long story short: Even soaps designed for "sensitive skin" made my pimples bleed (ouch)! However, African Black Soap is tough enough to keep my face squeaky clean and dries up the dead skin, but does not cause irritation, bleeding, or more pimples to erupt.

Tip #2: Don't use moisturizers if you do not suffer from overly dry skin.

Remember that new "Going Cruelty-Free" posts will be published twice a month where I share my transition, new cruelty-free discoveries, products, and experience with certain brands. Use the hashtag #SCAdi on Twitter & Instagram to share any questions or products you like. Also tag me (@Nosferadi) on them for a retweet!
Don't forget to join Vegetarian Courtesy!

 Twitter ✽ Facebook  Tumblr ✽ 



14 comments:

  1. Your face looks so clear! What does the soap smell like?

    Renee | Lose The Road

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I used it two-three times a week before showering for six months. Any breakout I receive only lasts about three days. The smell is not too strong, it reminds me of a light scent of tea tree oil and other charcoal based soaps. Some people get bothered by the smell, but I like it and it doesn't linger! :)

      Delete
  2. wow that soap looks so cool :D loving the darkness <3
    thanks for the tips! <3 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you! I love charcoal soaps. ^.^

      Delete
  3. Lovely post dear! Have a great weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes!! I too have been using African Black Soap for a couple years and absolutely love it. Your skin looks flawless too :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the best soap yet and for $4 it lasts a lifetime!
      Thank youuu.<33

      Delete
  5. Oh wow your skin looks amazing, I definitely need to try this soap! Keep up these cruelty free posts, I love finding new brands :)
    www.britishmermaid.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Cara!
      Definitely will keep bringing more great products. :)

      Delete
  6. Se te ve la piel hermosa!!besos

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg! que buen producto! y me alegro que alla funcionado, yo nada mas he sufrido de resequedad U_U y aun estoy en busca del producto perfecto haha
    http://stargazershia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muchas gracias, Alice.<3
      Ojalá puedas encontrar un producto bueno para ti. :)

      Delete

Leave a comment + Join the blog!