20 September, 2016

Going Cruelty Free: 6 ✾ Yendo Sin Crueldad: 6

 ENGLISH      ESPAÑOL

My Vegan HairCare Routine

Did you know that curly & wavy hair can be easily tamed with only three cruelty-free products? Since I don't dye or use heat on my hair, I follow a strict self-made regimen to keep my waves & curls on check. Here's the exact process and the products I use + some tips and tricks for my fellow curly fries!

The Products:
KIRKLAND SIGNATURE  PAUL MITCHELL  WET BRUSH  RAT TAIL COMB  PIN CURL CLIPS
The Process:
1. I only wash my scalp with shampoo and scrub well to remove any dirt or styling product. Rinse.
2. Apply conditioner starting at the ends of hair and working up, but not to the scalp.
3. With conditioner still on, brush hair with Wet Brush or wide-tooth comb from ends to roots. Rinse.
4. Dry hair with towel and brush again. I create my side part with a rat tail comb and then apply Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum to the ends of my hair and work my way up to the scalp.
5. Lastly, I "scrunch" my hair with my fingers to create body in the waves and curls. Let hair dry on its own.

Tips:
1. (Tutorial video)-> Pin curls are not just for vintage hairstyles! They're also a great option for heatless waves and curls. Sleep on them overnight with a bandana around your head and lightly brush them out with your finger tips or Wet Brush. I sometimes use pin curls (shown above) because they enhance my natural curl.

2. Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum is actually used by people with straight hair, but I noticed that it strongly reduces frizz (especially when I pin-curl) and does not leave heavy residue. In other words, a little bit goes a long way on my very long hair. You can run your fingers through it without creating knots and it smells like a fresh garden of fruit and flowers!

3. If you want voluminous hair naturally, sleep in a pineapple hairdo! Wrap all of your hair in a vey high ponytail and sleep on it. This also works for straight hair.

4. Perfect Shampoos and Conditioners for moisture are hard to find. Kirkland Signature is the only one that has worked magic on my hair! They are high salon quality and leave my hair looking, smelling, and feeling brand new. As long as they remain cruelty-free, they will be my go-to combo!

image
Remember that new "Going Cruelty-Free" posts will be published twice a month where I share my transition, new cruelty-free discoveries, products, and experience with certain brands. Use the hashtag #SCAdi on Twitter & Instagram to share any questions or products you like. Also tag me (@Nosferadi) on them for a retweet!
Don't forget to join Vegetarian Courtesy!

 Twitter ✽ Facebook  Tumblr  

24 comments:

  1. Your hair always looks so lovely! I try not to use heat on my hair either, it just gets fried.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah! I used to straighten mine a little, wayyyy back, but I stopped before it got really damaged.

      Delete
  2. Pues lo tienes genial, muy bien cuidado y precioso ^^ Ojalá tuviera yo esos rizos, me encantan!
    Un beso!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eres muy simpática, gracias. :)<3

      Delete
  3. Your hair is so gorgeous! These look like some great products.


    Mind checking out my recent - it's a brand collab ft. floral bombers!

    Alice x
    girlabroadblogs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Alice!
      I will read it soon. :)

      Delete
  4. Fantastic products dear!
    HAPPY WEEKEND
    xoxo
    http://stylishpatterns.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Alejandra.
      Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  5. your hair looks so healthy and beautiful <3 and so do you too <3 :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you! You're a sweetie. :)

      Delete
  6. I wish my haircare routine were that simple! One side of my hair is stick straight, the other is wavy and it sticks out every way but the way that I want it to. Yours is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'd be surprised! Sometimes the bottom layers of my hair choose to not curl and remain straight! That's why pin curling is an option for me; it works wonders!
      And thank you.<33

      Delete
  7. So interesting,thanks for share it! Big hug

    http://caritrini.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  8. AYY !! Me encantaaa tu blog!! esta demasiado genial sobre todo porque todo es libre de crueldad animal :D Saludos!

    http://www.unicornbones.com.ve/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eres una hermosura, Anna. Muchas gracias.<3

      Delete
  9. ¡Aaaa!
    Estoy la mar de feliz por haber encontrado tu blog ♥. Hace unos meses yo también decidí pasarme a productos cruelty free y de momento estoy muy feliz con el cambio.

    Si te soy sincera es bastante difícil encontrar blogs cruelty free como el tuyo (o quizás soy yo la que no sabe buscar XD) así que tengo que seguirte sí o sí je je.

    Espero ver tus próximos post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hola, Ingrid! Me da mucha alegría que te gusta mi blog. :)
      Para mí, también fue difícil encontrar blogs que hablan sobre cosas así, entonces decidí hablar de eso!
      Te mando muchos abrazos!<3

      Delete
  10. Antes yo usaba Paul Mitchell, pero lo deje de usar... ya se me olvidada que bien me quedaba tambien asi. Gracias por compartir :)
    ♡ Dulce

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ¿Cuál era el producto que usabas? :)
      Yo solo lo uso cuando necesito que mi cabello se comporte bien. Si no, me da igual. Jajaja

      Delete
    2. Usaba un serum de Paul Mitchell. Pero hoy en dia uso puros aceites naturales de coco y aceite de ricino :)

      Delete
    3. Yo también he usado el aceite de coco. :)

      Delete

Leave a comment + Join the blog!