03 November, 2016

Going Cruelty Free: 7 ✾ Yendo Sin Crueldad: 7

 ENGLISH        ESPAÑOL

Eliminating Bad Beauty Products

The typical table or bag full of several beauty products is not an unfamiliar sight. The truth is that us girls sometimes don't know when to throw things out or if a product still works! Rather than keeping things around to collect dust, here's a simple hack in knowing whether your beauty products have expired or are still good!

1. Check if the product is cruelty-free! Remember that not all products state it on the packaging. To make sure it's good, use the Cruelty-Cutter app or search the brand's website. If they're not cruelty-free, you have the option of throwing it out or finish using it and buy from a better brand next time.
2. Check the expiration date! Find the list of ingredients on your beauty products and look below it to see a little illustrated jar with a number inside of it. It should look like this:
The number inside represents how many months it will be effective starting from the day that you open it. So if you bought a lipstick that says "18M" on the little jar and you've had it for over two years (24 months), that means it's expired! This is also why old makeup and lotions begin to give off an "antique" smell. You'll have a fresh, clean set of products in no time and cruelty-free is always the best way to go!
image
Remember that new "Going Cruelty-Free" posts will be published twice a month where I share my transition, new cruelty-free discoveries, products, and experience with certain brands. Use the hashtag #SCAdi on Twitter & Instagram to share any questions or products you like. Also tag me (@Nosferadi) on them for a retweet!
Don't forget to join Vegetarian Courtesy!

  Twitter ✽ Facebook  Tumblr ✽ 

26 comments:

  1. Hola! Los frasquitos me recuerdan mucho a la cosmética coreana ♥
    es un muy buen tip

    Saludos :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hola, Tamara. :)
      Mucha de las cosmética coreana es muy linda!

      Delete
  2. I really hope they don't test Head and Shoulders on animals anymore. They haven't changed it in years, I don't know they'd need to do more testing. I got bad dry skin and it's the only reasonable cure for dandruff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly they still do. :/ My husband uses it too because it's also the only one he's found that works best. If I find a better one I'll let you know!

      Delete
  3. Gracias, guapa :D Son muy utiles!

    Siempre me encatan tus publicaciones. Tienes contenidos fabulosos!

    NEW TIPS POST | Brittle Nails: The Solution.
    InstagramFacebook Oficial PageMiguel Gouveia / Blog Pieces Of Me :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias a ti, Miguel!
      Ahorita voy y miro el nuevo post. :)

      Delete
  4. That's very good advice Adi.
    Sometimes I think they stretch the truth with those expiration dates.
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      Yeah, sometimes you can start to tell by the texture of the products. They tend to become more watery.

      Delete
  5. nice advice for people because beauty doesnt have to kill or harm our fluffy friends ;D
    In my blog i have a post about my cruelty free goodies in case you wanna check out some products :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, Mariana!
      I will definitely go visit your blog. Thanks! :D

      Delete
  6. Super útil el dato de la app, sin duda la voy a descargar. Yo tengo muchos productos que no uso, es hora de tirarlos ya :D ¡abrazos, linda Adi! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Es un app muy bueno! Y ellos contactan empresas que aún no están es sus listas. :)
      Jajaja es hore de limpiar! ^_^

      Delete
  7. It's getting to be a good time for going cruelty free, more and more companies are opting to make cruelty free items and it's great :)

    Rosy | Sparkles of Light Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! :)
      They're starting to realize that consumers are becoming more aware of what they buy.

      Delete
  8. I recently learned about the product expiration symbol. Like all this time I wasn't aware of what it meant, so every time it's mentioned I'm still blown away!! *a*
    Thanks for the tip too. I'll have to check out that app cause I'm sure it'll come in handy when I'm on the go :)
    ♡ Dulce

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always wondered what they meant, too. Hahah
      You'll love the app! It's so helpful.

      Delete
  9. Que importante es este tema!!besos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias, querida.
      Es muy importante. :)

      Delete
  10. Oh!!! Good tips :) thanks, friend!!!
    I've moved a lot the past few years so I tried to get rid off all the bad stuff every time I packed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!
      It's really good to keep up with the things we really need.

      Delete
  11. I've been focussing on vegan beauty products for a while now, too!

    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice!! It's such a good feeling to find a cruelty-free beauty product!<3

      Delete
  12. Thank you for the advice :-)
    xoxo
    http://gingersnaphattie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this post, thank you so much for sharing :)
    I have now switched to Arbonne make-up which is animal/curelty free, cannot wait to start making the switch over with other products too.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for finding it helpful!
      I'll have to check out their products soon. :D

      Delete

Leave a comment + Join the blog!